ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alternative to snow foam

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hi,

At the moment i stay in a flat and i dont have access to a pressure washer to snowfoam.
Would doing the 2 bucket method twice work?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As above.

Get a pre wash like the valet pro offering, auto finesse citrus power or demon shine rapid dirt shifter.

Rinse the car, spray with pre wash, leave to dwell, rinse off then wash as usual.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
was thinking of using one of those pressure sprayer bottles. the ones you pump up?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As above use a citrus pre wash, sometimes two hits if it's really mucky and be very thorough with your pressure washing.

Drive to petrol station, spray car with citrus power/equivalent, walk to shop and buy basic jet wash (leaving time for Citrus Prewash to dwell), jet wash off, drive back to flat, 2BM, buckets to rinse, QD and dry.
My method for over two years. If the car is well protected, it will work just fine.

Clio with a body kit
I agree with above. Citrus pre wash.
I used it on my works van with no protection and a it came up like this just with a pressure washer.
image.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Most of my local garages have stopped the DIY wash and opted for automated car washes or the Eastern European wash gang as it stop the hassle from the neighbours for using the pressure washer at home

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Citrus pre wash is far far more effective than Snow foam anyway IMO. I think the only reason i still continue to buy SF is for the gimmick LOL

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
valet pro citrus pre wash says on the bottle it will not remove wax layers so safe to use

valet pro citrus pre wash says on the bottle it will not remove wax layers so safe to use

No doubt, but as gally says it will still affect it over time. The Citrus itself is a natural solvent, which will eventually eat into it, especially if you don't dilute correctly.

Should also be noted that it's effective at removing grease and tars, but not traffic film. :] Taken from google btw.