ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy refurb in Kent or Sussex - and a question about colour matching

Looking for 182
Hello,

I have standard 182 cup alloys on my 182. However one of them is not the same colour as the other three, it is a bit yellowy, not sure how else to explain it.

I would like to get it refurb/resprayed so that it matches the other 3. I have a few questions though:

1 - Can anyone recommend a good low cost place to use in Kent or Sussex. I have no spare so needs to be done there and then

2 - Is it easy enough for a company to get a near match to the other 3 wheels...or....

3 - Should I have one other wheel refurbed, and keep the two new ones on one side so that if there is any colour difference it is less noticeable, as they will be on opposite sides of the car?

Thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
2 - Is it easy enough for a company to get a near match to the other 3 wheels...or....

Not really, most places don't like chancing it

3 - Should I have one other wheel refurbed, and keep the two new ones on one side so that if there is any colour difference it is less noticeable, as they will be on opposite sides of the car?

Yes, this is what most places would offer to do.

Thanks

Hope that helps, oh and aparently there's a good place in tonbridge, spit and polish I believe?

Nimbus R26r
Wouldn't use spit and polish. My wheels were done there under warranty and they aren't great, hanger marks on them too. If you want the best only lepsons will do.

lepsons perfecly colour matched my old r26's wheels, I had 2 spare for track and they came out spot on, even the ones you buy from renault don't match.

500 Twinair
I'll second Lepson, very good quality, my alloys were ruined, and i got them refurbed to black and they look brand new.
You get what you pay for though.

Big old bump - after refurb in Sussex for standard cup turinis, don't want to spend more than £50 per wheel. Any recommendations? If not will likely courier up to city powder coating