ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Issue

Arctic 182
Having problems with the alarm going off.

Basically, I took the door pillar off the driver's side and pulled the pins out of the alarm sensor about a month ago. I managed to fix this by putting the pins back in the sensor and all seemed fine.

However it's randomly started going off again. I've checked the alarm sensor and the pins are inserted properly, so I can't figure out why.

I've looked at this thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?108782-Clio-Mk2-alarms

And looking at the flashing light it would appear to be blinking just once, suggesting its either the doors, bonnet, or boot. Opening both doors and boot makes the lights go on suggesting they are not at fault. Disconnected the sensor for the bonnet but it's still going off.

I can't see why it would be the doors, bonnet or boot though, my thinking is it must be that interior sensor (as the pins don't go very securely into the sensor), but the blinking light wouldn't suggest that?

I've put a wanted thread up asking if anyone would be able to cut the wire (driver's side) from the door pillar and post it to me but ensuring that the pins are not pulled out the sensor, but not sure if this would solve it.

Or may be a sensitivity issue, I've heard about swapping the pins over to reduce the sensitivity but don't really want to pull the pins out of the passenger side sensor considering what I think doing this on the drivers side has done lol. And don't know if you are supposed to do this in the sensors or elsewhere - anyone able to advise?

It's also going off about half an hour after I lock it, why does it take half an hour to go off? Thought it armed after a minute?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Arctic 182
Update.

After posting this thread, the alarm stopped going off - (bonnet sensor unplugged, fiddled around with interior sensor).

Until six days later. I noticed that it was after driving it, albeit not for the first time.

Didn't have time to fix it as I was going away, but come back today, tried it without touching anything and it has gone off. Stupidly didn't look at the how many times the light was blinking.

Turned it off so not to annoy the neighbours at night, will look tomorrow but thinking one of the pins may have slipped out the sensor as it was after driving it?

Frustrating doesn't cover it!