ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light- a permanent fix for those with buckets or aftermarket wheel

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Half answer, half question.

Just a quick one, for those folk running non airbag wheels and/or bucket seats instead of the hassle of a resistor has anyone else just disconnected the airbag ECU under the ashtray? Takes seconds, no warning light etc etc.

Seems to work for us on the chav project. Also worked on mk1s.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah they wouldn't go off as the ECU for them is disconnected. If you have them I reckon it would be best to have them availble for use though!

BMW M135i
Disconnecting the airbag should put the light on though, as least it does on ph2s might get away with it on a ph1 as its far less canbus dependant.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
ok so i've had a look, theres one connector block with a yellow tab on it, doesn't look like anything is plugged into it though?

Megane dci 130
When the light is on, ALL the airbags are disarmed. Not just the ones that arnt there. Eg steering wheel.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dont have a clio handy! I'll try to get pics tomorrow but ona ph1 at least the airbag ecu is in front of the obd port so you have to take the plastic cowling off to access it and then just unplug the large orange plug on it.

G

Gregor11

it'll fail mot i think if the airbag light doesnt light up when the ignition is turned on and go out when running as of jan 2012!

Tell me more with pics!

Sorry for the huge pic
4433169492_fdf68f3aa6_b.jpg

Orange and grey plug

197 FF Glacier White
Just tried this, it didn't work on my 02 Reg Cup. Shame! Off to get some more resistors.

197 FF Glacier White
Isn't that butlins? Just pop into a maplins electrical store and ask for the said resistors :) then just place them into the block/clip and job done. Will try and a pic of which ports you plug the resistors in, but there is a thread on here about iirc.

hiscrapbook18.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh well, maybe just an idosynchricity (SP?) of this ph1 then! It only has the passenger airbag in it now so figured we'd just pull the plug on the system.

MOT tester wont miss whats not there ;)

Maybe just delete this thread then, save folk barking up the wrong tree since it seems to only work on our one!