ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG 200 Cup

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I prefer the black wheels with red sticker.

Did you notice much of a difference with the new exhaust over standard?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I prefer the black wheels with red sticker.

Did you notice much of a difference with the new exhaust over standard?

Definitely feels a lot faster. Rolling road says only 4bhp though difference.

Think I'll keep it as is for the time being and once she becomes primarily a trackday car I will start the trasformation from subtle daily driver to garish trackday car.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Keep it as it is looks amazing mate! It's ag that's as lairy as you need! Everytime we have a rr this makes me wish I hadn't cancelled my 200 order!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Today has been a good day for the green one. This morning Emma took her in to have the gearbox issue looked at. Within the hour they (Renault) had authorized the replacement of the gearbox under warranty. Very pleased with this.

I then get home from work. The nice man at TNT had dropped of a box of goodies for the green one:

6635675523_0dd9f4745d_b.jpg

6635709205_da374ce967_b.jpg

6635686641_b6a8286aed_b.jpg

They are the 330mm 2-piece discs from K-Tech. Yet to decide on which pads to go for. DS2500s are the safe option. CL RC6s are the other options but they do tend to be harsh on the discs and squeal when cold.

A quick pic of how she looks at present as the Ultraleggeras are off for a good clean:

6620977173_3d9c43b28f_b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sits so well on the speedlines. Proper cup racer esq.

Hell no with the stickers or red wheels! Do not want! :eek:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Sits so well on the speedlines. Proper cup racer esq.

Hell no with the stickers or red wheels! Do not want! :eek:

Lol. Think I've went off the red and stickers idea. Hopefully have the gearbox replaced early next week and she'll be back to her former glory.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Renault phoned today to say that the gearboxes are out of stock at the mo so that means late next week at the earliest for new box.

Not a 320d
f**king TL4 box is a disgrace. I had mine replaced (Although I dont own a sport), hoping the new one keeps on working. I assume your synchro mesh is fucked? Mine went into 3rd. I let it chomp away for a few weeks before taking it in so it was well and truly shagged. The service guy said there was "definately a serious malfunction" - By this I assume there were bits of gearbox everywhere where it had eaten itself.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
We are just avoiding using 4th as to avoid a total "malfunction". But yeah, this it's the synchro.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Out of stock, funny that?!!

TL4 is a funny one. Get a good one and it feels fine, pretty snickerty.... I've (touch wood) not had any issues in my 2 197's, first one was a 06, current is a 08 cup with revised ratios. There seems to be lots of 200's falling over with them now, maybe more so than 197's? What I don't get is when they are testing the mules and things, surely these issues must appear? Is it just what material they are made from, like a fatigue problem? If so, cant they be beefed up just a change in a better material (reduce the cheese count and up the metal?)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
same as the issues with a 172/182 JC3 box though, heel and toe on down shifts and they are perfect, its people dropping down through the gears without rev matching!

Disastra Coupe
same as the issues with a 172/182 JC3 box though, heel and toe on down shifts and they are perfect, its people dropping down through the gears without rev matching!

The thing that get's me with that - if you're buying a 197/200 then chances are you're into your cars. If you're into cars, surely you know about matching rev's? I've done it since day one of driving. My Dad drilled it into me and now i can't drive without doing, even in the works van, it's just a natural thing.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The thing that get's me with that - if you're buying a 197/200 then chances are you're into your cars. If you're into cars, surely you know about matching rev's? I've done it since day one of driving. My Dad drilled it into me and now i can't drive without doing, even in the works van, it's just a natural thing.

Its all about mechanical sympathy.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I find the hardest bit about heel and toeing is you have the press pretty hard on the throttle to get it to blip. Matching revs is easy when driving normally on the road. Not so much on the track (For me anyway).

Disastra Coupe
I find the hardest bit about heel and toeing is you have the press pretty hard on the throttle to get it to blip. Matching revs is easy when driving normally on the road. Not so much on the track (For me anyway).

Definitely easier on the road, which is where 80% or so of people with 200's will drive them. Which is what i mean really, isn't hard so why not do it?

Either way, the car is bloody stunning lol. Still not seen AG in the flesh sadly :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

yeah i agree its a technique that requires a bit of practice, the later and harder ur braking the easier it is, the pedal setup in the clio 3 is much better for heel and toe but the clio 2 even with drive by wire throttle is easier to do it with, pitty the mk3 isnt quite as sharp. mk3 DCi's are a piece of piss to do as they have brilliant throttle responce, much better than the RS funny enough!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
When driving hard its definately something you want to learn, high revs and dropping into the next gear is not pretty without rev matching. Took me a long time to get it right though, lots of practice. I'd say the 200 is a great car to learn it in, pedal spacing is good and throttle response is good. Get out there and waste some fuel!

However the car is looking very tidy. I'm a big fan of the two piece discs!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
When driving hard its definately something you want to learn, high revs and dropping into the next gear is not pretty without rev matching. Took me a long time to get it right though, lots of practice. I'd say the 200 is a great car to learn it in, pedal spacing is good and throttle response is good. Get out there and waste some fuel!

However the car is looking very tidy. I'm a big fan of the two piece discs!

Will get as much practice in this week as it wont matter if I totally fudge the gearbox up since its getting replaced next week lol.

Not a 320d

Mark Cup or whatever he called mentioned this issue. The delay on my GT is f**king s**t too, I always thought it was because it was a Gt and not a sport. Give it a good stab and itll do the job, its a little different than my mk2 because of the delay, and obviously no where near as quick as the 172 Ive driven.

Car looks great by the way. What Camber are you running on the front wheels?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mark Cup or whatever he called mentioned this issue. The delay on my GT is f**king s**t too, I always thought it was because it was a Gt and not a sport. Give it a good stab and itll do the job, its a little different than my mk2 because of the delay, and obviously no where near as quick as the 172 Ive driven.

Car looks great by the way. What Camber are you running on the front wheels?

Not sure tbh. Garage set it up for me!