ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aftermarket head unit steering wheel controlls help

Abi 197
Ive just bought an Alpine cde-185-bt head unit with the auto leads pc99-x01 and pc99 alpine patch lead and everything is working apart from the stalk controls and don't understand why! any help or advice would be great please.
Tom

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You need to buy an adapter that goes from the head unit loom to the Renault loom. What you have now is plug and play with only headunit control.

I recently had to buy one for my pioneer headunit. Was £20.

Abi 197
Thanx mate but I already have both the leads for the stalk adapter and everything is connected properly I'm pretty sure I have the right ones ive reset the unit a few times and still no luck..... maybe I should try the connects2 leads brand instead of the autoleads they cost more so maybe they might work ha! I went into Halfords an they said they can be a nightmare and had to order loads of different leads for a customer to see which one worked but surely it cant be that hard! :s

Clio 182
Check out dynamic sounds - i found tht connects2 was cheaper and easier than autoleads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely go for the connects2 over autoleads. As long as you have the adaptor loom & patch cable it should all work fine. Take the autoleads stuff back

Abi 197
Had the connects2 leads deliverd thismorning fitted the head unit and everything works fine now so speakers next in line! :)

Clio 197
Had the connects2 leads deliverd thismorning fitted the head unit and everything works fine now so speakers next in line! :smile:
That's good to hear. I couldn't live without the stalk controls! Keep us updated on what speakers you end up going for as i'm looking to replace mine too

Abi 197
That's good to hear. I couldn't live without the stalk controls! Keep us updated on what speakers you end up going for as i'm looking to replace mine too
Yeah i couldnt live without the stalk controlls either im too used to them now , Think im gonna go for the Alpine SXE-1325s coaxial for the back for now as ive just got 2 holes there then get the components for the front nxt payday!