ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice to anyone changing a fuel filter on a dci

Laguna sport tourer
make sure the manual primer works
icon_e_surprised.gif
replaced mine today went to prime the new one and nothing pumping it didn't do a thing, so i took the filter off and filled it up with diesel, after 30 minutes on and off of cranking the engine still wouldn't start ended up calling the RAC out he managed to get it running on easy start but even then it took a good half an hour of driving to get all the air bubbles out of the pipes.
this seems to be a really sh1t setup with regards to the fuel feed and return the bubbles just go round and round between the hp pump and filter not back to the fuel tank!

anyone else had similar problems?
I've changed loads of filters on diesel cars before and never had this happen before

BMW M135i
Would've thought the electric lp lift pump in the tank should've filled it up. Was like that with all the common rail diesel stuff i've done. Although never a renault lump mind.

Laguna sport tourer
100% there is no electric pump in the tank, i've had the seat out and the only wires going to the tank are for the fuel sender

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
No it does not have a lift pump if it has a manual priming bulb. if i was you i would put a one valve in the fuel line , this should sort it. its the valve that stops working in the bulb.

Laguna sport tourer
No it does not have a lift pump if it has a manual priming bulb. if i was you i would put a one valve in the fuel line , this should sort it. its the valve that stops working in the bulb.
thats what i told the rac blocke but he assured me there were no valves in it :S so i asked how does it pump then, to which he didn't really reply. i guess you can't just buy the bulb looks like a complete pipe back to the tank, i might try the one way valve then.
oh and its an 2002 dci 65