ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acceleration Issue (I think?)

Hello guys,

This is my first post in a very long time on here! Haven't done anything to the Clio since I last posted apart from driving, keeping her clean and general upkeep!

On to the issue at hand; today I fueled her up when she was near empty (last bar on dash, no light) at Tesco. Did a little bit of stop start driving and noticed that she was kind of 'chugging' - At stand still she would judder a bit etc. which isn't normal. Then when accelerating in 1st/2nd gear I'd put my foot down and it would take ages to get the power (intermittently, not every time). Got onto the motorway, had a 3 mile drive down there so kept her at high revs to see if she needed a good run (I know 3 miles isn't much) but that didn't seem to help either as on the way back at around 60/70mph she was 'chugging' again - At a constant speed it felt like it was dropping power every now and again. There were 4 of us in the car but I've done trips like this before and never had this issue?

Anyone have any ideas? I let her cool down once I got home and then checked under the bonnet - Oil etc. is fine. Only thing I did spot was this:
uploadfromtaptalk1433093698543.jpg

It looks like something has leaked/ been leaking there at some point?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Could be coincidence that the plugs/coil pack etc are giving up. Is it still doing it