ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolutely Fuming with Adrian Flux

106 GTI
Basically I'm getting a RS Clio soon. Called Adrian Flux on the 27th April to see the difference in price for a 172 cup. Worked out to be £1280 for the policy meaning I pay just over a 100 to change (last payment due this month).

So, seen a normal 172 that I'm going to buy on Saturday. Called Adrian Flux today to set things up for Saturday so it's quick and easy on the day. She then said 'your policy is now £1480'

Woah hold there a second I put in a quote less than two weeks ago that was much cheaper than that. She said she'd check the quote.

She checked it and said 'I'm sorry Mr Hayward but you made the original quote in april, it's may now and unfortunately prices go up on a monthly basis'

What, by £200!!! That is actual robbery in less than two weeks.

So now i'll have to pay way over £200 now to change policy. I'm f***ing fuming.

I always rate adrian flux, they can go shove there policy up their arse now

wierd, when i went from my meg to the clio they changed it instantly... now when iu switch back to the meg i better not be charged as they offered no discount for a lower level car. an admin fee i can live with, anything else i'll kick right off.

contact their customer service dept or their rep on here as they are usually really good.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I would talk to manager and see if he/she can do anything. Obviously, they're just brokers but they should be able to sort out deals with the underwriters. That's a big jump in price. Do they not have a policy to hold a quote price for a certain number of days?

Milltek'd clio 182
strange how insurance differs between people. adrian flux have given me a really good qoute this year and its my first time with them as i was with elephant, elephant wanted more just for a standard car, i got it for 150 quid less with adrian flux and i have also declared all my mods.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They did the same to me.

I just wouldn't let them off the phone, asked to speak to supervisor etc and eventually they honoured the original price

106 GTI
Really Jenic?

That's promising. Thing is I got a quote for a 172 cup originally and now will be buying a normal 172. So should i speak to a supervisor and pesture them?

Ph1 172
All insurance companies are a set of c***s tbh.

Money robbing idiots.

I moved from AF to Sky in the hope that things would improve but nope, still as bad.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The 172 is a slightly lower insurance group than the 172Cup.

I was quoted £1040 to renew my insurance last month, so went with Co-operative who are doing it for £680!!! Give them a try and see what they come up with for you...obviously age, no claims, location all come into effect...and if its not a 172Cup, you can try Greenlight or Sky on here...:)

Sky Insurance http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?122-Sky-Insurance

Chris Knott http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?139-Chris-Knott-Insurance

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really Jenic?

That's promising. Thing is I got a quote for a 172 cup originally and now will be buying a normal 172. So should i speak to a supervisor and pesture them?

Yep, but mine was at my renewal so none of the details changed.

I rang for a quote, got a decent one, but didn't have the money yet but it wasn't due for nearly a month, a week later I rang back to buy it and they tried it on.

They wouldn't let me talk to the supervisor directly, the women kept going away to speak to them as they were 'in a meeting'. Still it got sorted.

AF are a shite company, never had a good experience with them except the price, but the people are usually really nice on the phone. The woman even apologised for the messing about at the end of the call lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The 172 is a slightly lower insurance group than the 172Cup.

I was quoted £1040 to renew my insurance last month, so went with Co-operative who are doing it for £680!!! Give them a try and see what they come up with for you...obviously age, no claims, location all come into effect...and if its not a 172Cup, you can try Greenlight or Sky on here...:)

Sky Insurance http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?122-Sky-Insurance

Chris Knott http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?139-Chris-Knott-Insurance

No its not, the only 1*2 that has a different insurance group is the Trophy.

The Trophy is a 33

All the other 172's/182's/1*2 Cups are 31

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
And the fact he thinks the groups are different just proves how pointless they are.

Insurance companies are more bothered about crash stats, especially on cars of this age, than a silly number.

Insurance groups are ok-ish as an indication (but no better than common sense imo) but people need to stop getting so hooked up on them. And dont even get me started on how everyone thinks 50 groups is the new thing just because parkers have started listing it like that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
And the fact he thinks the groups are different just proves how pointless they are.

Insurance companies are more bothered about crash stats, especially on cars of this age, than a silly number.

Insurance groups are ok-ish as an indication (but no better than common sense imo) but people need to stop getting so hooked up on them. And dont even get me started on how everyone thinks 50 groups is the new thing just because parkers have started listing it like that.

Ive spoken to 5 insurance companies in the past 4 weeks and they all work off of the new system. What has parkers got to do with anything?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I just had my renewal through the post last week, was more than what I paid 3 years ago when I bought the car!!! So I'm gonna change company for deffo!! I was quoted a good price by performance direct. Insurers Piss me off though taking the piss!!!!

lol , this is the insurance companie that got banned of seatcupra.net or another forum as they were taking people's login details for a discount and when/if they crashed they would go through all there previous post's and try getting out of the claim by saying you havent declared this and that , i was with them years ago and my insurance doubled within a year so i went elsewhere , would never use again

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
lol , this is the insurance companie that got banned of seatcupra.net or another forum as they were taking people's login details for a discount and when/if they crashed they would go through all there previous post's and try getting out of the claim by saying you havent declared this and that , i was with them years ago and my insurance doubled within a year so i went elsewhere , would never use again

Which insurance company was that?

Dodgy one
Been with them 5 years now, started off group 7 then to 15 then group 16, Its always gone down in price :D

106 GTI
I'm not due a renewal though. I have 9 payments with AF until September, so this month is my last payment. Thing is I will lose that years no claims if I go else where, my 4th year too.

And as Jenic said, insurers do use the insurance group system but they also have their own individual 'risk goups' also

Which insurance company was that?

adrian flux i believe !! can remember a thread on there about them looking into peoples profile's and refusing to pay out as they were saying people hadn't decalred bits and bob's , they offered a discount for club members but when it came to claiming they looked into/through there username

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
adrian flux i believe !! can remember a thread on there about them looking into peoples profile's and refusing to pay out as they were saying people hadn't decalred bits and bob's , they offered a discount for club members but when it came to claiming they looked into/through there username

W****rs!!!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No its not, the only 1*2 that has a different insurance group is the Trophy.

The Trophy is a 33

All the other 172's/182's/1*2 Cups are 31

Sorry, I am going off the old groupings...where 172 was Group 16 and 172Cup was 16D...CBA with all this new grouping bullshit...

S'trollin on size 7s
i got a quote with adrian fluxx for a flamer 172 turned out it was damaged so got a quote on an iceberg one instead..she came back with a quote £200 more than the previous one.that was in the space of literally a weekend. first quote friday, got the second quote on sunday.. i was fuming to say the least , so i told em where to go.

im with brentacre now they were the best i got , cheaper than flux who were originally the cheapest.

ive just binned my car. lost my 5 years no claims.. im going to be gutted by the time i save up for another car,even at 24 i doubt ill be able to afford insurance on a clio RS anymore :-( without any NCB and a recent claim against me...devostated!!

Clio 172
i got a quote with adrian fluxx for a flamer 172 turned out it was damaged so got a quote on an iceberg one instead..she came back with a quote £200 more than the previous one.that was in the space of literally a weekend. first quote friday, got the second quote on sunday.. i was fuming to say the least , so i told em where to go.

im with brentacre now they were the best i got , cheaper than flux who were originally the cheapest.

ive just binned my car. lost my 5 years no claims.. im going to be gutted by the time i save up for another car,even at 24 i doubt ill be able to afford insurance on a clio RS anymore :-( without any NCB and a recent claim against me...devostated!!

IIRC you lose 3 years for a crash not your full ncb. I had 4 ..binned mine was left with 1. Had a fright come renewal time after I replaced my 172 with another with quotes over 2.2k but with a bit of searching I got it to 1300 ish so it went up about 400, not the end of the world really.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
IIRC you lose 3 years for a crash not your full ncb. I had 4 ..binned mine was left with 1. Had a fright come renewal time after I replaced my 172 with another with quotes over 2.2k but with a bit of searching I got it to 1300 ish so it went up about 400, not the end of the world really.

mate if thats true ill be pleased , well to an extent anyway. lol

Think it depends on the company...I was with LV when I wrote my Cup off, they paid out and took 2 years off my no claims, so I had 2 years NCB after the accident. I would call them (your company) to check

S'trollin on size 7s
Think it depends on the company...I was with LV when I wrote my Cup off, they paid out and took 2 years off my no claims, so I had 2 years NCB after the accident. I would call them (your company) to check

im with LV mate ,well a smaller company who are part of LV so it will be the same because all the letters and stuff that come through ae from LV