ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs serv light

Clio 172 PH2
was driving earlier and as i came round a corner my abs and service light came on i pulled over turned car off then turned back on and they went out but now they seem to stay on for a second more than the rest any ideas any1 as they seem fine :eek:

172 cup'd extreme
Its your brake fluid level why the frig would the airbag wires be anything to do the ABS and serv light?

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
previous post in another topic have had the same problem for ages, my light only comes on when i go about 60mph and my abs dosnt work when it does, but constantly kicks in at low speeds when the light is off. if you turn your wheels to full lock you can get a rough feel of the abs ring on the hub mines is badly chipped i have a new ring but have't got round to fitting it, cost of rings are about £10 - 20 i got one of ebay for £10, a sensor is closer to £50 i think

306 GTI-6
Still pretty sure they are only replaceable on the RS Clios anyway. No part number for abs rings for the lower clio models.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
previous post in another topic have had the same problem for ages, my light only comes on when i go about 60mph and my abs dosnt work when it does, but constantly kicks in at low speeds when the light is off. if you turn your wheels to full lock you can get a rough feel of the abs ring on the hub mines is badly chipped i have a new ring but have't got round to fitting it, cost of rings are about £10 - 20 i got one of ebay for £10, a sensor is closer to £50 i think

Can you paste the thread please

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Thanks

You pretty confident it is the ring, is yours fixed now with the rings fitted ?

kic

nope, still not got round to it, it doesn't bother me as much now and i'am a lazy c*nt lol

306 GTI-6
I would be pretty confident its the ring if when you brake hard you sometimes get a metallic feel through the pedal as well. On the non-sport clios, it means a new driveshaft though, as you cant get the rings for the non sports seperately.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I would be pretty confident its the ring if when you brake hard you sometimes get a metallic feel through the pedal as well. On the non-sport clios, it means a new driveshaft though, as you cant get the rings for the non sports seperately.

So how has kic^ got them for his car ??

kic

mine may aswell be one for a sport BUT it is the same size and the amount of teeth on my 1.2

306 GTI-6
I dont hink he has, they may be abs rings. But i doubt they are for his clio. There is no renault part number for abs rings for non sport clios. Only for the RS. And I would be surprised if they are the same size, number of teeth etc so wouldnt work anyway. I had 2 driveshafts replaced on my 1.6 due to cracked abs rings, and believe me, it isnt cheap.

306 GTI-6
Is it the same internal diameter though, and can you even get the ones off the non sport driveshafts, I tried more than one garage, dealers and independents and they all said no. And it wasnt to try and sell me a driveshaft, as I told them I would be sourcing my own.

Interested to find out if you ever do try and get them fitted though.

kic

mine might, yours might not, 1.6 wil have a different driveshaft from 1.2 i think,

306 GTI-6
It does, but going from previous numerous threads, its not possible on any of the non sports. But perhaps you can prove otherwise if you manage to get yours replaced and it all works.