ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a trick all 182 ff owners must dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 Cup Mondial
turn your speed limiter (push down underneath where cruise control is) to 43mph in second gear.
plant your food down to floor almost before the click. wait till it hits that speed and your in second gear while your foot is still planted.
press off button on speed limiter
then you will have a big grin!

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
basically your revs are allready at 5k so their is no lag at all its like slamming your foot on the accelerator from nothing at 5k revs (powerband) as others said just get past the click but wait till you hit 5k before you do. its good fun, it amazing for a surprising overtake on a national when someones going slow to suprise your friends haha.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
My guess is the ecu just dumps all the power after the limiter is switched off?

Does f**k all when I try it on the dci lol

edit: f**k revving to 5k lol

Hey guys get this, I found out a new trick today. While driving along in second gear at 4.9k revs I planted my foot to the floor and it was like TURBOWS!

True story.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
My guess is the ecu just dumps all the power after the limiter is switched off?

Does f**k all when I try it on the dci lol

edit: f**k revving to 5k lol
haha yeah f**king revving to 5k on a diesel. i used to have a dci100 one power was peaked at 3k
but if you never driven a 172 or 182 it is no faster then a dci100 unless you rev is past 5k

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
just try it people on your next commutte to work tommorow is jokes similar kick to downshifting from 3rd to 2nd at 40mphish

RB Clio 182
I want to try it but i dont understand what the click is?

So i put my car in 2nd gear at 43mph then press the speed limiter so its set at 43 mph?

Whats the click and when do i plant my foot?

Why do I have a clicker then?
One word... Renault. You really think they're going to spend more money manufacturing two different pedals for the different models?!

This is the same manufacturer that ran out of aluminium bonnets for the ph1 so just stuck normal ones on some of them.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
But it wasn't an option an the 172 so couldn't be fitted,
or did Renault just use a pedal box from the parts bin that had CC on other models?

Edit : The Jesus is wise.

Edit - edit : So is the Pugwash.

The only reason it feels fast is because your brain doesn't expect sudden acceleration without the associated normal push of the pedal. It's a trick of the mind only. You're not tricking the car into adding a hundred horsepower.

The only reason it feels fast is because your brain doesn't expect sudden acceleration without the associated normal push of the pedal. It's a trick of the mind only. You're not tricking the car into adding a hundred horsepower.
Is that still the case if you've got your rear seats folded down at the same time? It definitely sounds a lot quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.