ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A real stereo install ;)

1.2 Clio
It wont be to everyones taste on here... It's still very much a work in progress too... After many many boxes, time spent researching and various trials with equipment. I settled on a setup which I was happy to 'destroy' the rear part of my clio for:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/inde.../page__p__4032813__fromsearch__1#entry4032813

There's a lot of work to do to neaten it all up. I'm working on uprating the power too.
I've gone from an utter noob, to a top class single sub setup, now i'm after something a little bigger, so I 'walled it'!

1.2 Clio
Thanks chaps, it's not quite the halfords, "yeah man got myself a kenwood sub ere".

Many components are VERY rare now. The amps and HU are very well renown for their quality. This isn't an all out and out boomer, I appreciate that the volume dial moves anti-clockwise too. ;)

Black Sheep
Your mental mate. You will be needing a hearing aide when your thirty. I sometimes wonder about my hearing from using a single sub over the years:S> Cant imagine what it is like with six of those JBL subs, I used to have one! Would love to hear it. What kind of music do you plan to listen to with them.

1.2 Clio
Thanks, well low frequency bass is not all that damaging to your hearing, as much as most people would think.
It's the tweeters and high end frequencies which do the damage, like being in a night club and having your ears ring the next day, I hate that!

Everything, for the sub side of things, it loves anything from chicane to pendulum.
For the front end, I can integrate it (by turning the subs down ;) ) to give me norah jones, adele, pretty much anything, exactly how it should sound (well as good as it can for now).

The JBL gt4 is a superb sub for this type of box design, its cheap enough too :).

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Atleast you are doing it properly. Doesn't look too pretty and its going to weigh a tonne. I would seriously look at uprated dampers and springs for the rear atleast to accomodate. That is going the be the worlds slowest none sport. But i bet it will sound great.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LMFAO !

Fair play....

I love my music, but that level of install is just mad especially in a car that rattles well from the factory ;)

Makes my 12" single Fli feel very inadequate ! :eek:

Jap Box
Holy s**t that looks ace, wish I could hear that in action.

Rough enough on the back with my one 15" Audiobahn in the car so cant imagine how that would feel at a good pelt.

Clio 172
s**t the bed.

Thats going to make a noise!

Get some pictures up once you've finished it! - not everyone's cup a tea, not mine either, but got to appreciate someones good work into something they love!

Used to love reading sound system installs but i soon got bored,

Not to my taste as well, can see the competition side but cant see the point in having a boom box that cant move from weight instead of a quality sounding and looking install,

Could have least carpet felted the wood and used black screws on the tweeters!

Inferno 182
Like what you've done but it does need alot of work tbh, from the back it doesnt look nice with the wires everywhere and the amps bolted to plain wood. But i'm sure you are going to sort that :) good work mate

1.2 Clio
Thanks guys.

Yeah, it's a long way off being 'finished'.
Currently with power upgrades on the cards I wont be finishing the 'boot' anytime soon. Next task is finish the cabin, but the inside chamber will be changing next year probably, so then, if I have some time on my hands, i'll get it looking good.

As for the weight issues... I removed a large amount of weight and added it back in wood. In fact, totalling it up, without the batteries in (which they're not in right now). Gives me just over the weight of 2 passengers on the rear seats. So it's not all that bad. I still do 44mpg on a good run ;).

Listerine & Poledo
good god.

With all that wood and metal chucked in there, how does your car even move!

EDIT - Just read above. 44mpg at 5mph is still 5mph.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Haha, yeah, it doesn't like accelerating, but once it's got the momentum it's perfect... :p

Until you want to slow down.

70...60...........50.......................................45...........................................45.........

WTF!

(steaming front pads)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Polo + Micra
Until you want to slow down.

70...60...........50.......................................45...........................................45.........

WTF!

(steaming front pads)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

nah turn the stereo up be like KERS then :approve:

i don't think i could do that to a car but i think i'd enjoy it if i did lol