ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a letter from renault...

J03

MX5 1.8
received a letter was wondering if anyones has received one? its about the faulty bonnet catch, apparantly my car hasnt been for a check yet and is deamed dangerous to drive under DVLA records... said to get it checked asap.. ive heard about the bonnet before, ages ago, mines been fine atm but how come renault has left it so late for me? hmm

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I never got a letter, but i took it to the dealers as soon as i heard about it on watchdog.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
take ur car down 2 renault u will get a new bonnet catch now, ive replaced millions already

Just to say, I was driving home last week and a clio was in the outside lane of the A12 - a woman and her two children were stuck in the central reservation as their bonnet had flipped up...

When i was at renault we did 14,909 recalls a week, proper did my head in. Got my letter today but not takin it in, i know how to shut my bonnet properley!

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
i took my car to l v like renault dealers last week for some other work and they changed it there and then free of charge

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
When i was at renault we did 14,909 recalls a week, proper did my head in. Got my letter today but not takin it in, i know how to shut my bonnet properley!

Amen to that... if only Renault customers could get that into thier heads when i was working up at Renault UK head Offices

The 'official renault dvd' for the bonnet recall was pretty funny tho. It showed some guy spraying the bonnet catch, working it back and forth and then dropping the bonnet from a distance, It lasted bout 20 mins LOL what a loada b****cks.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
take ur car down 2 renault u will get a new bonnet catch now, ive replaced millions already

Yeah was gonna say any spec of rust now and we just swap them under warranty now.

Whereabouts do you work Baileys?

i work in platinum Renault trowbridge, wilsthire. yea any small spec of rust and we gotta replace them now as there has been i few bonnets flying up after they had just been checked lol.

LOL i recived mine for the TT the other day.......its booked in for next friday........even tho i run bonnet catches.....there faces will be pictures:D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
doesnt matter how old, all mk2s have gotten be either looked at or changed i there is the smallest sign of corrosion, 1998 onward

Never above 25mpg
Nice one :D

Guess mine's been looked at though considering I havent had "the letter".

But does this mean they shouldn't really rust?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
some rust so dont, if they have been regulary maintained then they should be rust free, just go into renault any day and just say that ur bonnet catch is rusty/corroded and they will book u in for a free new catch

Never above 25mpg
Westbury!! I came to the Wiltshire Mini Meet and met you outside the Hungry Horse in my blue Clio lol..

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol, t**t lol, uve changed ur profile pic thats why i didnt reconise ya lol

Focus ST
my sis went to do her driving test in her own 2002 clio a couple of weeks back, the examiner asked her for a bonnet catch certificate and she looked at him gone out, she wasn't allowed to do her test without the letter! waste of money for a test! be careful!

Nissan 350z
I got mine for my Mk2 Ph1.

Id imagine i wont get this changed free of charge due to the age. What sort of cost are we talking?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i just spray mine with wd40 cant be arsed going to my renault they will want it all day

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I have paperwork saying mine's been checked when I bought the car (at same at as first service).

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
LOL i recived mine for the TT the other day.......its booked in for next friday........even tho i run bonnet catches.....there faces will be pictures:D
Haha. Nice one norm.

I got the letter today despite the fact i've already taken it to a dealers to have it oiled. Mines rotting to hell though.