ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few snaps from Mauritius

Last day tomorrow here in Mauritius, unfortunately I was unlucky with the weather yesterday, it pissed it down in the evening when I got back to the hotel.

BUT....This evening I was really lucky and got a nice sunset :)

This job does have some perks it seems ;)

The weather on day one: :(
DSC3390.jpg

But then......!
DSC3469.jpg

DSC3474.jpg

It still tried to rain again, got a nice rainbow though:
DSC3483.jpg

Most of the next shots were set around this pier, it made a nice foreground setting I thought.
DSC3496.jpg

These two got married today, thought this was a nice shot, didn't want to get any closer though lol!
DSC3522.jpg

DSC3526.jpg

Something different:
DSC3543.jpg

and the buffet!
DSC3574.jpg

Why I love my D3, ISO2000 handheld :)
DSC3555.jpg

Still one more day to go, not sure what I'll be up to photography wise. Hope to get some more decent ones :)

Thanks

"Navy" N17 TWO
Awesome shots as expected! - but I hope you are nowhere near that hotel where the tragedy was in January? :(

What do you do for a living Dan?

lol why wanna swap? ;)

I train on forensic equipment, UK based company, but we sell all over the world, so I travel to various places to do the training.

Thanks for the comments, I was lucky with the weather. Today was even better! Had an awesome day, spend half of it being shown around the island. Got some better pics too, really happy with them. Can't wait to get home to have a proper look, but right now I've got 90mins to kill at the airport until check-in opens :(

Oh well......

To add, Mauritius is an awesome place, kind of reminds me of the Dominican Republic, but nicer. Everything feels much safer, the people are all really friendly and nice. Lots to do and see, but not gimmicky or shitty like a holiday in Malaga or those types of 'family' holiday places.

Really recommend it for a holiday. I wish I was here for a few more days with all my camera gear :(

A few more from today:

DSC3609.jpg

This photo does not do this view justice, simply awesome! I felt like I was in the amazon rainforest!!
DSC3658.jpg

Taken from the car hence the reflection :(
DSC3685.jpg

DSC3701.jpg

DSC3721.jpg

Messing about in the car ;)
DSC3725.jpg

and finally a nice sunset on the way back to the airport to end the day.
DSC3735.jpg

Still got a few more, I'll post them up later when I get a chance to go through them all properly.

Giulietta 940
Lol, only at some hotels. I'm Mauritian myself, and my Dad goes there a lot on business.

Where did you go? I hope you went to see Trou aux Cerfs, Ile aux Cerfs, Le Morne and Chamarel.