ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple of questions crammed into one...

Hi guys, had a few things on my mind that I wanted to ask!

1. Is it a straight swap to install Clio Sport Xenon Headlights to a Non-Sport?

2. I noticed on an old thread 2 mods were mentioned that I wasn't familiar with - RS Tuner and Whiteline RARB? What are these mods?

3. Is it possible to do a swap from the bog standard heater controls
(Like this)
y4a3y9ud.jpg

To the one with a 'screen'
(Like this)
a4y8u7ed.jpg
(Image stolen from another thread)

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

1. Not done it myself, but from what I've read on here, it's a simple plug and play.

(not sure about 2 and 3 - I'm sure someone else will help you out with those!)

Whiteine RARB is an Antil-roll bar,

And that panel in the bottom pic is a climate control panel. Not sure if you can swap them over if your car doesn't have climate control, even just to use the standard heater functions.

1. Not done it myself, but from what I've read on here, it's a simple plug and play.

(not sure about 2 and 3 - I'm sure someone else will help you out with those!)

Thank you :)

Whiteine RARB is an Antil-roll bar,

And that panel in the bottom pic is a climate control panel. Not sure if you can swap them over if your car doesn't have climate control, even just to use the standard heater functions.

Ahh okay, Googled it and couldn't see anything on it :L
Couldn't remember what it was called! Cheers :)

Xenons are a straight swap.

Awesome, might invest in some of those when I've got the money then!

Climate control isn't just a straight swap unfortunately, I can't imagine it being an easy job

Gutted, looks pretty cool - I cba to go to a lot of trouble just to install it, just thought if it was a straight swap then it'd be cool :)

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Xenons straight swap? I'm sure they would fit yes provided it is mk2 for mk2 but surly the ecu would need programming to accept a discharge bulb? And if it was then should it not throw a fit over the car not having self levelling?

Then there is the mot that stated you need headlamp washers although it's ambiguous with regards to self levelling and suggests an advisory at worst.

Personally I think you would need to fit anti flickers to the loom for the bulb if your not going the programming route then either remove them for the mot or find a sympathetic tester.

Xenons straight swap? I'm sure they would fit yes provided it is mk2 for mk2 but surly the ecu would need programming to accept a discharge bulb? And if it was then should it not throw a fit over the car not having self levelling?

Then there is the mot that stated you need headlamp washers although it's ambiguous with regards to self levelling and suggests an advisory at worst.

Personally I think you would need to fit anti flickers to the loom for the bulb if your not going the programming route then either remove them for the mot or find a sympathetic tester.

Nope. Straight plug and play. Swap the adjusters over from the standard lights and away you go, had them on my 1.2 years ago.

You don't need washers or levelling either, they only need to work if fitted. If they're not fitted they can't test them.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
Live and learn

Not like that on a mk3 meg so I applied the same rules. I guess they just try and make things harder as they go.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
as everyone else has said

1 is yes

2 - rs tuner not for your car and a whiteline would serve no purpose

3 - I've done it but I don't recommend it. You can't use the panel to control your existing set up

Nope. Straight plug and play. Swap the adjusters over from the standard lights and away you go, had them on my 1.2 years ago.

You don't need washers or levelling either, they only need to work if fitted. If they're not fitted they can't test them.

Just a quick one whilst I think of it - Obviously on the standard headlights you use the adjuster to adjust the height/ angle of the bulb - Would that be the same for the xenons? :)