ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Big Exhaust Debate?

Renault Sport Clio 182
I have been thinking about this for a while, what exhaust to get?

if anybody wants to throw their opinion at me, please do as i just really cant decide what to get, i have a 182, standerd atm. Im looking for something that is not chavvy noisy but a nice sound that comes alive when your 'giving it some'

Ive seen a few advertised online, but just have no idea what they sound like or what people think so if they can gimmie ideas or even better post links up of where to buy them that would be perfect.

Cheers everyone.
Joe.

Mondeo diesel barge
I've just had a scorpian RS192 exhaust fitted to mine. It's not too loud, just a bit deeper than standard, sounds really good when you give it some, but still quite refined at lower speeds.

BMW F21 125d
I've just had a scorpian RS192 exhaust fitted to mine. It's not too loud, just a bit deeper than standard, sounds really good when you give it some, but still quite refined at lower speeds.

I have the same system, so its a +1 from me for this too.
You'll find that most people will recommend their own system!

I have the Janspeed system hanging under my shed and I really like it. If you get the standard setup, with centre silencer, it'll be very subtle. Mine has a straight through centre section and is mostly quite subtle unless I'm gunning it.

320d
I'd definately get a Yozzasport if I had a 182. They're realy not as loud as people say aslong as you leave the cat in.

Just had the same system fitted to mine, seems to sit way too low though, rather than sit tight in the recesses! Used new rear hangers but is pulling down a lot on the rubbers! Any ideas?

Just had the same system fitted to mine, seems to sit way too low though, rather than sit tight in the recesses! Used new rear hangers but is pulling down a lot on the rubbers! Any ideas?

Just checked the rear hangers and they don't appear to be genuine renault, obviously an inferior product! Trust ebay!!!

Renaultsport Clio 182
I've got a Pro-Speed custom exhaust on mine - love it!

i did look at the K-Tec exhaust aswell which looks a quality product. heard too many bad stories about Miltek so avoided them like the plague and Yozza is waaaay too loud for my liking.

Fiesta ST-2
I'd go with the Scorpion RS192 loving mine - nice deep burble on idle you can hear it humnming at low revs, once cruising its barely noticeable and if you want to floor it through the rev range its awesome too.

clio sport 182cup
you say you have the Scorpion RS192 exhaust is that with the decat pipe or just cat back?

Twingo rs133
Im havin a powerflow fitted friday u can choose what sound and what tail pipe u wont im gettin it from the cat back

182cup & 172 racecar
I have the Janspeed system hanging under my shed and I really like it. If you get the standard setup, with centre silencer, it'll be very subtle. Mine has a straight through centre section and is mostly quite subtle unless I'm gunning it.
So you did get one in the end Roy.They are not bad are they.

Rusty Cup
My exhaust is so loud, it sounds awesome when you boot it especially changing from third to fourth when nearly hitting the redline sounds like pure evil....

For the 90% of the time where i am not booting it, it does my head in :( bad times.

My friend made it for me, i asked for somethin quite sporty, he gave me somethin that sets of car alarms when i start it up lol.

Rs192 sounds like the kiddy might look into this.

Golf GTD Mk7
^ how do you mod a cat? tempted as ive got a decat sitting at home and perhasp i wont need it ;)

Which RS you driving? I'm refering to 182. Not sure about the 172/197/200 cat exits.

Take it to an exhaust manufacturer like prospeed, or Mark fish do it I believe. They're cut the cat down at the bottom end right up to the thread for the sensor, widening the cat exit. Then bits of welding is required to add a wider extension pipe to meet up with the centre section. If the centre section is also reduced in girth then that can also be modded to suit the cat. Had mine done at BTB and cost £77 inc vat. Made a difference in torque.

White ds3
DSC_0120.jpg

cat back 2.5" inward roled slash cut done by pro speed done to watever note you want m8 custom is the best if your fussy like me lol
also ajusted my cat so it sits higher as the standard 1 sits low and catches on bumps

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
I just fitted a K-tek supersport. Its a straight through mid and a back box. Have to say it is rather loud.....but i like it!!:evil:

Black Gold Trophy
the only problem with modding the cat with the RS192 is that you'll have to mod the centre pipe too, as although the exit on the silencer is 2.5 inch, the entry is only about 2 inch!

Renault Sport Clio 182
u know what one to get mate;)

come to the kk meet and il give u a ride to see what the ktec's like

haha that sounds like an offer i cant refuse, im there,

how much did people pay for the Scorpian system?
and whats bad about milltek systems?

im stuck untill i start hearing what they sound like :S

Renault Sport Clio 182
oooooh what to do what to do, half of me wants to get the loudest best sounding exhaust availible, but the more sensible half of me know i get up at 4am for work or come home at 4am from work depending on shifts, that K-tec sounds nice, but wud i go for sport or supersport?

i take it yours is the louder supersport?

Twingo rs133
My exhaust is so loud, it sounds awesome when you boot it especially changing from third to fourth when nearly hitting the redline sounds like pure evil....

For the 90% of the time where i am not booting it, it does my head in :( bad times.

My friend made it for me, i asked for somethin quite sporty, he gave me somethin that sets of car alarms when i start it up lol.

Rs192 sounds like the kiddy might look into this.
I got a powerflow yesterday u can choose how loud and what tail pipe u want. Ive got a number 5 that makes it sound beefy but loud but not stupedly loud i got a 3 1/2" tail pipe rolled out like the old skool cozzies:D

Renault Sport Clio 182
haha awsome but ive allready had a powerflow on my old '95 valver, want summit different, however cant fault it really was a good system.