ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8hour detail so far - half way there (56k)

Porsche Boxster987S
So , after pickin up the kestral DA polishing machine and all the equipment to go with it last week , i decided that im taking the car off the road to the end of the week. The main aim - returning it to showroom condition or better. This was my first time using a PC so iwas slighlty nervous. Anyway ill keep this thread updated with the finished pictures at the end
of the week hopefully.

The new equipment for the task in hand :

S1050377.jpg

First thing was to get the car washed thoroughly. For this a used Duragloss shampoo and lambswool washmitt. (At this stage im not looking at the wheels but they will be taken off individually and properly cared for along with the arches.) After washing it was brought onto the driveway to have the windows and body dried using a megs water magnet.
S1050385.jpg

I knew the car had some really badly affected areas with tar spots so the Autoglym Tar Remover was first to be used. Heres some before/afters or 50/50s
S1050379.jpg

S1050381.jpg

S1050382.jpg

S1050383.jpg

S1050384.jpg

S1050380.jpg

S1050385.jpg

S1050386.jpg

S1050387.jpg

Next up was claying (megs clay and quick detailer). I decided to concentrate on only the front half of the car today (bonnet,bumper,front wings, and both doors. The main point of claying the car today was to remove all the previous products to allow me to start fresh on the paint. I had only clayed the car 6 months ago so didnt expect to see much dirt but there was more than i thought.

S1050388.jpg

S1050389.jpg

After claying i re-washed the car and got side tracked by letting myself do the door shuts.:eek:
S1050392.jpg

The paint was ready for the machine after around 4 hours or so and a bit of masking up.
S1050390.jpg

S1050391.jpg

Polishing time. This was my first chance at using this so i started off by using a slightly softer 6'' pad and a more ''gentle'' polish (chemical guys PRO POLISH) At this point i felt a bit nervous but i took my time and got started.
S1050394.jpg

S1050398.jpg

The bonnet after using a buffing pad followed by a finish pad
S1050395.jpg

S1050396.jpg

S1050397.jpg

I then waxed in the polish on the bonnet , wings and doors using dodo juice orange crush. This isnt the wax i want to use so i have ordered some swissvax onyx but this had to do today untill it arrives.
S1050400.jpg

S1050399.jpg

And 2 pics of how it stands tonight. The front half of the car is imaculate to say the least and is swirl free. Very happy with the progress on it so far and pleased to have my first experience with machine polishing under my belt.

S1050401.jpg

S1050402.jpg

Awesome Paul, i'm in a similar situation to yourself, car looks very good but could be better, few swirls etc, how did you find the kestral to work with .?

Porsche Boxster987S
Very nice!

Fancy doing mine :rasp:

pm me if you want:cool:

Reckon this may change your mind about selling once it's all done;)

after much thought im just keeping this car. No point in selling it and taking a massive loss so ill keep it as a summer car and store it away when i dont use it. New car aswell next year though. The kestral is awesome tbh. Very easy to use once you do a few panels and get the confidence.

alan. . no problems so far but going to try a harder pad for the roof with the laser buff polish for the more noticeable swirls.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Stunnig car, love it one of my favourites on here.

But drive it, don't detail it ffs.

Swift Sport
Top marks for effort, good to see someone put so much time into cleaning their pride and joy. Looks awesome too!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Forgot to fone u.. Was busy all day anyway!

Cars lookin good.. (no as good as the missus ;))

ph2 iceburg 172
looks lovely!
if you dont mind me asking, how much did the machine set you back (im seriously thinkin about one)
thanks

Porsche Boxster987S
Stunnig car, love it one of my favourites on here.

But drive it, don't detail it ffs.

cheers fella

trust me it does get driven lol. . . . hard at times tbh

Ads already asked, how did you find the kestrel ?

answered that above mate. Was very easy to use. Not too heavy and the additional handles allows you to apply the perfect pressure. I was a bit of a pussy when using the pads but with confidence i got better.

Looks awesome fella!

Wanna do mine??

would be a pleasure:approve:

Forgot to fone u.. Was busy all day anyway!

Cars lookin good.. (no as good as the missus ;))

Was disappointed not to hear the mob go tbh:dapprove:

You aint seen nothin yet;)

120d M Sport
Looks stunning! Paintwork looked immaculate before anyway..cant wait to see it all finished.

Keep the car a good 3 years then sell it me when you;re done :)

Porsche Boxster987S
cheers guys. i got the machine and all the equipment VERY cheap thanks to alan knowing the distributor for chemical guys and luckily he is based about 20 mins away.

ive got myself some coilovers for it so the sportlines will be sold when they come off the car.
cheers again

Porsche Boxster987S
Good pics Paul! I bet you would have your work cut out for you with black gold though! I've never known a paint finish swirl so much..... :(

D.

well my sisters clio (in the pics) is the worst paint finish ive seen on a black car. looks like its been washed with a brick. Im doing hers next week so ill get some good 50/50 shots

DMS

A thirsty 172
That looks gorgeous matey. I love to see people driving their cars properly, but I also love to see people making the effort to keep a well-driven car looking great.
I had my first go with Dodo Juice "Light Fantastic" yesterday. I'm very impressed with it. Although I didn't put quite as much effort into cleaning the car as you have, I still spent 5 hours on it.
Pic

image137.jpg