ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 wheel drive 197?

3 MPS, MX5
When I was last at the dealers, a salesman mentioned to me that there is supposedly a 4 wheel drive version of the 197 due to be released.

Has anybody else heard this, or is it general knowledge?

3 MPS, MX5
I did ask if it will have a lot more power, because it would need it, but he said that its supposed to be the same output:S

Which case it wouldn't sell because it would be toooooo sloooooow:)

Yeh and I want the sexy Alan option. You get a life size Alan model so you can sit next to me where ever I go!

Ad

MK2 FRS
there are rumoirs of renault develop a 4wd system.

I know a lot of tech guys think the meggy RS has been designed with a tunnel in place for such a system.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
technical dept of renault would have no need to know about R&D. tech is a line for dealers and customers to ring for advice.

salesmans chatting s**t, they never know f**k all.

At the interview, the only criteria is that you have 4 limbs, 10 fingers and 10 toes. In my experience Renault salesmen are almost always retards. One in particular that I met recently had a handshake like a wet kipper. How do you get a job as someone who interacts with customers when you cant even shake someones hand? Knowing something about the cars would be a benefit too.

I applied but I got turned down because I have 5 limbs.

I'll never get bored of finding new ways to drop that in :clown:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the four wheel drive tech is coming from nissan. as the next renault off-roader will be the same base as the next x trail.

Der Panzer
4WD drive in a supermini? Have a word.

Mind you, the 197 ain't that mini any more. Still can't see it happening though.

AndyA4 said:

Mind you, the 197 ain't that mini any more. Still can't see it happening though.

Audi S3 quattro has 4 wheel drive, same kinda size as the new clio. :rasp:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
AndyA4 said:

Wait for the new punto. Have a word indeed.

4wd 220bhp amen.

3 MPS, MX5
AndyA4 said:

My last R32 had 300bhp and I'm glad that had 4WD (albeit Haldex):)

He thought that it was being developed because of some form of racing or rallying with it, thats why I asked him if it would have more power.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
If thats true and 4WD was mentioned then I smell a turbo......thats the only reson a 4WD clio would exist.....big horsepower, big turbo......requires copious ammounts of traction!

AndyA4 said:

Subaru Justy anyone

640588.jpg