ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

280mm brembo users

turbo 182
Hi all I'm fitting my megane 4 pots with the 280mm brackets under 15" pro race 1.2 et 35, I'm going to use 10mm spacers, question is will the caliper clear the wheel weights or will I have to have them mounted on the out side of the wheel?

Thanks

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Hi all I'm fitting my megane 4 pots with the 280mm brackets under 15" pro race 1.2 et 35, I'm going to use 10mm spacers, question is will the caliper clear the wheel weights or will I have to have them mounted on the out side of the wheel?

Thanks

I suspect you'll need to move the wheel weights I'm afraid.

Mine have been moved but are still on the inside of the wheel.

turbo 182
I suspect you'll need to move the wheel weights I'm afraid.

Mine have been moved but are still on the inside of the wheel.
Thanks for the reply, so they've been moved more towards the centre of the wheel so are no longer on the smaller circumference part of the inner wheel?

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
@scooby-93 how did you get on with this in the end? I've got the same brakes to fit to the same wheels. Did the 10mm spacers suffice, and did you have to move the weights? Cheers!

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Test fitted the calipers tonight to try and work out spacer requirements for my ET35 15" Pro Race 1.2s. Couple of questions – I thought I'd need spacers to stop the inside of the spokes hitting the front face of the caliper. Turns out the only interference is the edges of the caliper hitting the inside of the rim – is this why you need spacers, or do the calipers need milling here?

Photo%2018-07-2016%2020%2005%2036_zpsbykwad0p.jpg

Photo%2018-07-2016%2020%2005%2051_zpsylodt9na.jpg

If this is correct, I think I'm going to need 20mm spacers to get the clearance as the wheel gets wider inside beyond that point. But then that's odd that @scooby-93 got away with 10mm, but doesn't look like 10mm would be anyway near enough.

Secondly, the bolts with the brackets seem to protrude quite far out the back towards the disc. Probably not an issue as the caliper is so close anyway, but would anyone recommend shorter bolts?

Photo%2018-07-2016%2020%2000%2048_zps1vj79sjy.jpg

Cheers! And otherwise looking good (I've got new discs to fit too if you're thinking these look tired!) :)

Photo%2018-07-2016%2020%2000%2030_zpskyernmco.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Test fitted the calipers tonight to try and work out spacer requirements for my ET35 15" Pro Race 1.2s. Couple of questions – I thought I'd need spacers to stop the inside of the spokes hitting the front face of the caliper. Turns out the only interference is the edges of the caliper hitting the inside of the rim – is this why you need spacers, or do the calipers need milling here?
If this is correct, I think I'm going to need 20mm spacers to get the clearance as the wheel gets wider inside beyond that point. But then that's odd that @scooby-93 got away with 10mm, but doesn't look like 10mm would be anyway near enough.
Secondly, the bolts with the brackets seem to protrude quite far out the back towards the disc. Probably not an issue as the caliper is so close anyway, but would anyone recommend shorter bolts?
Cheers! And otherwise looking good (I've got new discs to fit too if you're thinking these look tired!) :smile:

The calipers are milled where it meets the bracket, have a look at this thread (http://www.cliosport.net/threads/brembo-shimming-milling.790768/)

You can just grind the bolts back abit if they protrude to much, they dont look too bad from the photos.

turbo 182
You need to get the mounting face, where the Caliper meets the bracket machined down, I'm sure it's 5mm and then file or grind down the outer too and bottom edge of the Caliper so it sits closer into the hub and inside the wheel more, your right there is a lot of spoke clearance with the 10mm spacer - it should aid in brake cooling

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers all. They've already had 4.5mm milled off the caliper where the bracket connects, but realistically needs another 3/4mm off the caliper or bracket to bring it in away from the wheel. I really don't want to start grinding or filing the calipers on the edges as it'll look crap and will be a nightmare to touch up without stripping and re-painting the whole caliper.

There was me thinking it'd be an easy job!

turbo 182
It's your only option I'm afraid, or mill more off the mounting face but Youl loose pad to disc surface area