ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

221 bhp LY R27

Turbo LY R27
My full setup i as follows:

Kw v'3s
OZ Ultraleggras
Toyo 888's
ITG panel filter
Matched inlets by Jamsport
Shrick cams
Full evolution Akrapovic exhaust, with custom made clamp on tips fro 197 (Made by Jamsport)
Custom remap by Jamsport
Front splitter
Cup spoiler

Full Geo setup next weekend and front camber bolts for 1 degree of camber.

Its finished result was 221 bhp (getting some JS stickers made up for it ;) ) and 170ft!!

Feels rapid, strong all the way past 3k and very wild past 5.5k, every gear is so strong and pulls so fierce! The acceleration is amazing!!!

On the dyno graph there are 3 results, one with standard with a powerflow back box, one with the Akrapovic and then the final result.

You'll notice a dip at about 2.5k, looks bad but it feels fine, feels like a mild flat spot some exhausts give, doesn't bother me at all. Im never in that range any way, normal driving is fine, feels like standard but with a lumpy idle.

When the Akrapovic was put on it didnt make anymore peak power without a map BUT 4k onwards felt so much better in the midrange as the graph shows, smoothed it right out and made the whole feel of the car much better, revved a lot more freely over standard. Well worth the money, even for the sound, vids soon dont worry lol!!

Overall im very happy, Jamsport have done a superb job on it and it really does go like Fu*k!!!!
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

mike24-02-2011003copy.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Sorry bout the sideways graph lol Dont no how to flip it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*ckin' baller's 197. Love it! Only the best parts.

I'll even let you off for the girly colour. Bet it shifts!

Clio 182
Love it mate! Car's stunning, power is great, as is the spec. Looks a right blast! Bye bye type r lol:cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy, sleeperish for a 197.

No more stickers please.

Turbo LY R27
Lol!! Yes chris it does shift, night and day compared to standard!!
I actually over took a cup last night, most impressed!! Through the gears there is no let up!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
KW V3's, choice of heroes! Evening taking them out the box is a pleasureable experience!

LY 182
I don't think your pics are very good (no offence) but still looks quality! Awesome specs. Is 221bhp right for those mods? Seems like fantastic gains?

Are you local to Northampton if you've been going to Jamsport?

Evo 5 RS
That looks really tasty, cars a credit to you!!! Very nice results too, although I'd take their readouts with a pinch of salt personally. Not scrunching your doilies though, I'd be chuffed.

Turbo LY R27
I live in mk. Yes they are right for the mods, the cams are very wild! Nice increase in power, the drivability is the main thing, really does go. Pics are with iphone cut me some slack ;) Im andrea's best mate (the girl with the inferno 182)

LY 182
Lol sorry I realise it sounded a bit harsh, it was meant as a compliment though!

Oh sweet. Andrea is lovely, and her car's fricking awesome. I need to check out this beast now at some point I think. :eek:

Turbo LY R27
Remortgaged my mums with out her knowing lol ;) Cost me Bout 900ish i think, cant remember. But worth every penny, the best 197 exhaust ive heard!!
She is nice, her car is rapid as well. I'll have to show it one day mate.

M135i
It's been a while! I need to tax the white beast, and fit some new pads too (as I found out by nearly going full steam ahead into a corner yesterday!). I'm free tomorrow or next weekend mate.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice choice of mods so far mate :) Schricks couldn't be that wild surely on standard management?

DCi 100
A lovely lovely car..

Ruined by number plates that have a huge border and aload of obvious writing around them! :)

Turbo LY R27
^^^lol yeah i am thinking of getting thinner ones bit like chris's. They are very wild think standard cams are 260ish degrees where as these are 288. Feels very different!! Dont think you could really go any higher. Standard management copes fine, Jamsport fully customized the map and runs sweet!! :)

Jimbo you still have the same number, should be about tomoz afternoon/eve?

Turbo LY R27
^^^Erm full chat up to 7.6k through the gears is brutal on the fuel gauge lol! But normal driving seems roughly the same. Im not fussed bout the mpg tho, never really have been in this car. Wrong car really to expect anything good lol!!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I would honestly say this is the nicest 197 I've seen. Exactly how I would want it to be if I had one. Gorgeous.

Turbo LY R27
True hero spec car. Love it. All you need now is a Nimbus respray ;)

lol cheers mate! Thinking nimbus next year, i hear its weight saving and gives extra power because its only for hero's?

More pics with the all to common White R27 tomorrow ;)

Cheers for all the comments lads!! :)

Turbo LY R27
Just to add to it there will be another cheeky mod added to this in the next month or so, and will be a 1st for the 197/200! ;)