ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 Clio - Powdercoated alloys?

Clio
Hi, got a 2011 black clio dynamique with gun metal alloys thinking about getting them powdercoated gloss black. Just looking for opinions??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Black is terrible. It looks far too chavvy IMO

Youll probably see this next comment in a lot of 'black alloys?' threads:

My old car had black alloys and they spent two years in the shed because they look gash. They hide the fact you have alloys and generally look chavvy

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Gloss black isnt terrible... Alot of people on here will say gloss black looks terrible till they see a Red 200 with gloss black alloys they then w**k themself into a coma..

Gloss black alloys need to be on the right colour car or it just doesnt look right...

This is mine when I had Gloss Black 16" F1's

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

The right alloys and the right car and you can be onto a winner...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Suits some cars better than others, but it's down to opinion. Quite a few cars with black wheels out of the factory.

They do need to be kept clean to look good though.

Clio
Suits some cars better than others, but it's down to opinion. Quite a few cars with black wheels out of the factory.

They do need to be kept clean to look good though.

I know, trying to make a decision whether to do it or not though! Car came with gun metal but I just think black would look better on this car, there is a link to a similar car on previous post above