ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200t aggressive gear change sports/race mode

Clio Rs 200 edc
Hi,

I have a 200t when I drive in auto gear changes are smooth but then I put her in sports/race mode and use manual whit the paddles and on up changing the cars jerk pretty hard?

I can’t seem to find anyone that can me if this is normal or not?
Cheers

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
In the trophy it's very smooth and almost instant, however there has a few intermittent occasions it has stuttered when changing gear. But when I test drove one the car they had on site changed gear awfully, every time it shifted I lurched forward and it nearly put me off buying one. It eventually settled towards the end of the testdrive and was smooth.

I'd say if it's jerking on every change, something is not quite right.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
220 software is completely different to the early 200 EDC, 2 ends of the spectrum. What year is the Clio? They have a software upgrade which makes a massive difference to not only Auto but Sport Mode too.

Clio Rs 200 edc
220 software is completely different to the early 200 EDC, 2 ends of the spectrum. What year is the Clio? They have a software upgrade which makes a massive difference to not only Auto but Sport Mode too.

It’s an 2013 one. I’ve never had a auto so I don’t know if it normal or what. But like a few have said I may take it in to be looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It’s an 2013 one. I’ve never had a auto so I don’t know if it normal or what. But like a few have said I may take it in to be looked at.

There's definitely a software upgrade for the 2013 model, I had my old 200 done and it made a massive difference.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Okay cool, is it just as simple as booking it in a main dealer

It was with my main dealer but some of them don't acknowledge or even know there's an update. Its definitely out there and can be done.