ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 won't start

Oil Burner
I let my fuel run very low and when I came to start the car again it just turns over. I've put plenty of fuel into it, but it still won't fire.

Imobilisor light goes out when it turns over.

​Any ideas?

Oil Burner
How low is low, red light or kangaroo/fumes? Could it have sucked air in through the fuel feed from the tank?

It was on red light. Showed 30 miles left (for what that's worth). Was fine when I parked. Now wont start.

Where do I find fuel pump relay Fred?

thanks for quick replies guys!

Lionel Richie
its attached to the plastic battery box, inside another box either on the front or the side (i forget which) small black or brown rectangular relay (they'll be a couple, wiggle them all LOL!)

you've done the old lock/unlock a few times on the key?

Oil Burner
its attached to the plastic battery box, inside another box either on the front or the side (i forget which) small black or brown rectangular relay (they'll be a couple, wiggle them all LOL!) you've done the old lock/unlock a few times on the key?

will give this a go. Cheers Fred.

ive locked unlocked with the key.
Ironically it's stuck at oulton for btcc. So I've asked a mechanic who's going to take a look at it later if its still f**ked!

Oil Burner
No luck.

tried locking and unlocking a few times to no avail. When it fails to start I get a steering wheel unlocked message. Guessing this is normal though?

Oil Burner
If you could that would be ace. Hopefully this mechanic is going to bring a fault reader tomorrow. He suspects crank sensor or the fuel pump needed a reset. But said fault code reader was the answer.

Oil Burner
Got it started in the end.

Apparently the answer is to get your girlfriend to sweet talk an AA mechanic into looking at it. He will then hit the fuel tank with a hammer and the car will start working. He will then instruct you it probably wont start again if you turn it off (unless you put alot of fuel in it). So you spend 30 agonising mins stuck in traffic coming out of oulton park trying to reach a petrol station!

Got there in the end - phew!

Oil Burner
Update - Fuel pump died on the M5 last weekend.

Just had it replaced to the tune of £280. And that was with garage quoting in the belief that you had to take it out via the access pannel under the bench!

With the roadside joining to AA and a truck to move the car from where the AA dropped it - it was a rather pricey exercise. I'm certainly not letting the car run low on fuel again!