ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 subs to 1 amp..

Just about to wire my second sub up to my 1 amp,

Is it best to run 2 subs off the bridged terminals of the amp or as 2 seperate things , i.e as 500watts bridged split to 2 subs or 250w x 2? thanks. hope this makes sense, is exactly what my dad just told me to ask lol

Polo + Micra

is it a two channel amp?

because most two channel amps wont run 2 ohms bridged

Ziel Nurburgring

All you need to do is wire it up as per the channels. If it has 2 channels, wire 1 sub to 1 channel. There is no point of bridging it into one channel to run 2 subs as its just achieving the same outcome.

Depends on the amp really

thanks for the replies, will just wire it up to 2 channels, alot easier. Dad just seemed to think it could be better the otherway but doubt thats even possible going by replies?

clio ph1 16v

If it will run bridged go + off your amp channel 1 to + on your 1st sub,then - off the 1st sub to + on the 2nd sub, then - off the 2nd sub to - on channel 2 of your amp...

or 2 subs at 4ohms option 2 of dervs link...:D

Thats how id do it imo

[Edited by Mr Blue on 10 February 2005 at 1:26am]

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by Mr Blue on 10 February 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">If it will run bridged go + off your amp channel 1 to + on your 1st sub,then - off the 1st sub to + on the 2nd sub, then - off the 2nd sub to - on channel 2 of your amp...

this will show the amp 8 ohms (if they are 4 ohm svc subs)
which will mean each sub will be getting very little power