ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car - Still got it 11 years on! 1st pics upload....

Clio 16v Mk1
There are plenty of AMAZING builds on this site, this is NOT one of them but I still wanted to put it on and sorry if this is LONG but felt the need after ten years!

Right so I've owned my clio for about 10/11 years. Cut a very long a boring story short....DR10 age 17 had to keep car with small engine blah blah blah.....

By the time i could get cheaper insurance i bought a new car and left the Clio to one side. (With the 3rd/4th 1.2/1.4 engine needing changing, again! Apparently 17's just shouldn't go on MK1's of that power, oh well you're only young once eh!?

Anyway it occurred to me that I've never really put up any pics of my Clio.

In short -

Started life as 1.2 RED RL

Fitted lots of so called performance parts to make the car as good as i could make it at my age - bit cringe now tho!

Had an 'Incident' down the lanes with a cement mixer - prompting full re-spary and purchase of 16v kit.

Friend sold me competition sound system....engine went again!!

**Bought new car** Clio put to bed for over five years!

Many years later - told to GET YOU F'ING CAR OUT MY GARAGE by my good friend and decided to put a half decent engine in it. Was going to do a williams but found a mint F7P with 44k on it.

Fitted that and began OPERATION DE-CHAV!

Removed lexus lights, window tints, and other random bits. Side skirts had to stay tho as they are tiger sealed on, couldn't be bothered! Found much comfier williams interior and original MK1 16v badges from my pal in france!

Anyway here are the pics, in chronological order....(cant find the original pics of when it was red before all the other work, will upload them when i find/scan them in)

Fresh out of the bodyshop....
Clio1.jpg

Competition stereo.....was tres loud - cringe!
Clio2.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

MK1 16V half leather fitted....
DSCF0071.jpg

How it was
Clio3.jpg

ClioPic4.jpg

ClioPic3.jpg

ClioPic2.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

5 or so years on....New engine time.
DSC01271.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

24052008424.jpg

24052008422.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Remove Tints/Lexus/Re-Badge
IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3264_2.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Fix Heater Matrix
IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

two days later!
IMG_3295.jpg

New Discs
IMG_0408.jpg

New Driveshafts
IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Goes like hell now, makes a racket, i should probably go for a single exhaust OEM style but, the noise is immense and as a weekend bit of fun it still puts a smile on my face every time without fail!

Oh and the subs/amps were removed many years ago too!

Any thoughts good/bad....v welcome!

Clio 16v Mk1
when i first seen the pics i though ohhh no.. but nice turn around

Yeah I know, thats sort of how i felt when i had to go and pick it up after all those years!

Just young i suppose, I cringe now when i see chav'd up motors! Must be getting old!

Although having said that, i still feel like 17 when i drive it!

now thats a guilty pleasure! i really like it, single exhaust pea shooter style and those wheels in a darker flip silver would look great, even gun metal....

now we're talking...

DB.

BMW 440i
now thats a guilty pleasure! i really like it, single exhaust pea shooter style and those wheels in a darker flip silver would look great, even gun metal....

now we're talking...

This!

Nice save, just keep going and save those exhausts! ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, really suited the scene back then aswell.

The exhaust and wheels of course aren't to everyones tastes and even without those shocking lights you'll still look chavvy but you'll know what's best. :)

Clio 16v Mk1

now we're talking...

Been on the lookout for a single exhaust to bring it back for a little while on and off. Will get round to doing it at some point for sure.

Not a bad shout on the wheels, maybe in the summer.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Love the colour :)
Exhausts not so much, but still with the lights gone and the badges on, it doesnt look too terrible!

Gotta love the quality of the old pics! lol

PH1 iceburg
Great little story.

As said oem exhaust and a set of turbines (you could have mine if i could find anything to stick on in its place.

Clio 16v Mk1
Love the colour :)
Exhausts not so much, but still with the lights gone and the badges on, it doesnt look too terrible!

Gotta love the quality of the old pics! lol

Im glad i could find the old pics, you'd never believe it had so many colours on it at one time! Thats what meeting a cement mixer down the lanes at 50mph does for you!

PH1 172
its quite unusual to see people keep their first cars for that long and then de "17 year old lets buy this for it" it. well done! keep this up to date!

Clio 16v Mk1
its quite unusual to see people keep their first cars for that long and then de "17 year old lets buy this for it" it. well done! keep this up to date!

Yeah i know, im still suprised that i have it. It outstayed its welcome at many a friends house. Having another car just made me forget about it. My mum is always on at me to get rid of it, (now its back at her house!) but im glad i kept it now, it is great fun!:D

clio 1.2 mk2 phase 1
looks alot better now . couldnt see anything when reading though your thread but if its there sorry but what litre is the engine you got in and what cars it from

clio 182
I personally like the wheels, dont think modern wheels suit older cars so id keep em : )
Really like the colour of the car too, well done mate.

Clio 16v Mk1
looks alot better now . couldnt see anything when reading though your thread but if its there sorry but what litre is the engine you got in and what cars it from

1.8 16v lump out of a Mk1 Clio 96 IIRC with 44k on it, so really tight compared to a lot of the smokey ones which have done 90k+.

Did originally put in a 2.0 engine out of a Renault 19 (whcih he'd upgraded when his 1.8 blew!) but i only realised once it was in that there are several things which needed to be changed to make the 19 engine work in a Clio, inlet manifold, thermo housing, loom etc....

Was going to make the effort, then a really good engine came up and just went for the easy option - still have the 2.0 19 engine in my mates garage tho.