ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1M Akrapovic/baller/lease baller/my c*ck is bigger than your c*ck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Re: 1M Akrapovic

Dream on. The SLK is slower than the M3 to 60, 100 and around the ring.

Tinny...Are you sure you're not talking about the E46 M3? Which indeed, was tinny.
is that right?

the E92/3 is the same BHP as mine, but with 100lb/ft less torque, and 300kg (cabrio) 100kg (coupe) heavier, so id suggest off the line and rolling the slk would be quicker (well i know it is, from deal world situations), the book figure for the cabrio (the fair comparison to mine) is 5.1 seconds i think, which is half a second slower, and the SLK is known to be much quicker than the 4.6 to 62 than the book figure, its closer to 4.1/2. I have pulled away from many an M3 who's tried it on.

The new new M3 is quicker than the E92 though, so it might be more of a fair match, i'll report back.

around the ring i wouldn't know, the slk is not a track weapon, i know that, but i rule the roads.

and no, I'm talking about all M3s, the AMG is a very deep sound, much nicer IMO.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

is that right?

the E92/3 is the same BHP as mine, but with 100lb/ft less torque, and 300kg (cabrio) 100kg (coupe) heavier, so id suggest off the line and rolling the slk would be quicker (well i know it is, from deal world situations), the book figure for the cabrio (the fair comparison to mine) is 5.1 seconds i think, which is half a second slower, and the SLK is known to be much quicker than the 4.6 to 62 than the book figure, its closer to 4.1/2. I have pulled away from many an M3 who's tried it on.

The new new M3 is quicker than the E92 though, so it might be more of a fair match, i'll report back.

around the ring i wouldn't know, the slk is not a track weapon, i know that, but i rule the roads.

and no, I'm talking about all M3s, the AMG is a very deep sound, much nicer IMO.

FLOL :rolleyes:

You come across as a proper t**t!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

is that right?

It is now plainly obvious to me why you are single.

AMGs do sound better though.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

No need. I have the biggest. That's why I'm cool with driving a qashqai not a Mblah blah or an AMG.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

is that right?

Yes.

Only a clown would buy the E93, so lets discount the Carbrio figures all together. The E92 M3 is 30kg lighter than the SLK...Not sure where you're getting your stats from also I'm certain you're carrying extra ballast over most. And the 0-62 and 0-100 on paper is quicker on every site I could find. In the real world I doubt there is much in it, but the SLK is not a drivers focused car like the M3. (I know, I own a new SLK as well, and I like it a lot)

I also like the AMG noise. But the M3 noise is in no way tinny, watch my video on the previous page.

Now Schhhh.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

cool, tw*t in a very fast car.

That's no quicker than my M-Lite shopping car
hehe.gif

All show, no go iirc.

Listerine & Poledo

All you children with your Walnut Whips.
So cute

I love discussions about tenths of a second...it's all that matters after all.

dont forget how many decibels they can make....which, to be clear, are all far less than any given GM V8

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I did lol at extra ballast! Not sure why people always have such a go at Dave, I find him funny. He plays on something that CS itself brought up, that he's baller, instead of fighting it he just plays with it. Laugh a little.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I did lol at extra ballast! Not sure why people always have such a go at Dave, I find him funny. He plays on something that CS itself brought up, that he's baller, instead of fighting it he just plays with it. Laugh a little.

I think the guy seriously thinks he is 'baller' though. Going of his last post anyway.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Haha this thread is brilliant.

I'd love a 1M but 40k is a lot of money.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Yes.

Only a clown would buy the E93, so lets discount the Carbrio figures all together. The E92 M3 is 30kg lighter than the SLK...Not sure where you're getting your stats from also I'm certain you're carrying extra ballast over most. And the 0-62 and 0-100 on paper is quicker on every site I could find. In the real world I doubt there is much in it, but the SLK is not a drivers focused car like the M3. (I know, I own a new SLK as well, and I like it a lot)

I also like the AMG noise. But the M3 noise is in no way tinny, watch my video on the previous page.

Now Schhhh.
Of course you're going to discount the cabrio, as it weakens your argument, but comparing apples for apples, mine is a convertible so I chose the m3 convertible to compare.

Anyway, taking the coupe figures into account then, the site I was looking at had it heavier, but you're right, they're pretty much the same weight, the 0-62 book figure for both cars is 4.6s

So with them being the same weight, and the same bhp, when rolling I'd have thought 30% more torque would make a decent amount of difference.

Like I said, I wasn't disputing it's track prowess, but my track days are over now.

my opinion of the noise is that it's tinny, this is from making comparisons when both are gunning it.

the only thing I've ever come across that's been able to out accelerate me was a modded GTR, never has an M3 managed it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

That's no quicker than my M-Lite shopping car
hehe.gif

All show, no go iirc.
I know you're fishing, and I'm going to bite, but didn't you buy (sorry rent) the slower, over 5 seconds to 62, cheaper, manual M135i?

Oh and doesn't your engine noise have to come boosted through the stereo because it's so quiet?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Some people just take the internet too seriously, I have a laugh, the ballast joke was quite funny, I'll give him that.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Ahh, I get it now Ali, you have an E92, and the title of the exhaust vid on the other page suggests it's the oem modded, so not a standard sound?

/stilldontlikeitpersonally

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

didn't you buy (sorry rent) the slower, over 5 seconds to 62, cheaper, manual M135i?

Oh and doesn't your engine noise have to come boosted through the stereo because it's so quiet?

I did yeah, £8k for 2 years use of a brand new M135i, bargaintastic!! I don't try & proclaim it to be anything other than a cheap to run daily though, its ok, gets me 6 miles to work & back, down to the shops, etc. The engine noise im also fine with, quiet for most of the time, a little louder when i want it to be, i have a girlfriend if i want my ears to be filled with noise.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

I'm sure that someone once said if your AMG says 55 before it, you are doing it wrong.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ahh, I get it now Ali, you have an E92, and the title of the exhaust vid on the other page suggests it's the oem modded, so not a standard sound?

/stilldontlikeitpersonally

Fair doo's! I like the SLK, I wouldn't have bought one otherwise. (Exhaust is modified for extra fruitiness; but the note fundamentally hasn't changed, just louder!)

RX7 FD

I'm sure that someone once said if your AMG says 55 before it, you are doing it wrong.

I'm happy to be doing it wrong. I shed 0 tears on turning that key. That being said the 6.3 would give me extra schnitzel length and makes baby Jesus cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.