ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1M Akrapovic/baller/lease baller/my c*ck is bigger than your c*ck thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I'd never do this, but as the car isn't my daily driver now, and only gets used as a weekend toy, there's no reason not to indulge. Particularly with the switchable flap system which presumably lends itself to cruising if and when I should need to.

Opinions please. Deal or no deal? I'm thinking 3rd birthday present this summer :eek:

[video=youtube_share;PjpHTX5I6Rs]http://youtu.be/PjpHTX5I6Rs[/video]

Re: 1M Akrapovic

Sounds great when accelerating, however a little 'farty' on deceleration which would put me off.

Having heard a M135 the other day (which probably sounds similar to the 1M?) I think I'd leave it as is.

Interesting. Yeah I'm undecided on the noise. There's quite a few choices. The Akrapovic (evolution?) has the bonus of switchable flaps from a remote control inside the car. So best of both worlds. Perhaps.

RX7 FD

I like it. Get it bought!

Switchable flaps would be pretty awesome as well. Tailor the hooligan inside you.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

As said, it's too raspy. That video kind of sounds like that DC2 on here. Not the noise I was expecting at all.

Interesting. Yeah I'm undecided on the noise. There's quite a few choices. The Akrapovic (evolution?) has the bonus of switchable flaps from a remote control inside the car. So best of both worlds. Perhaps.

Have you considered an iPE system?

Z4

If it sounds anything like the 335i standard it needs something, but not that.
I'd probably go Eisenmann race

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Like me roy your too old for one of these,once you buy it you'll regret it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I like that! But the novelty would wear off after a week I imagine.

Not a 320d

Id say do it. But at 25 years of age I feel it might wear thin and Id become embarrassed driving along making noise all the time.

Arent you 60? Id leave it as is,the 1M is a lovely car and sounds great standard.

Theres a dude in Woking who owns an old white R8 V8 with a straight through pipe, literally does nothing other than drive around in it all day making noise. He looks well into his 50's. Looks and sounds a complete f**king prat.

Id say do it. But at 25 years of age I feel it might wear thin and Id become embarrassed driving along making noise all the time.

Arent you 60? Id leave it as is,the 1M is a lovely car and sounds great standard.

Theres a dude in Woking who owns an old white R8 V8 with a straight through pipe, literally does nothing other than drive around in it all day making noise. He looks well into his 50's. Looks and sounds a complete f**king prat.

Lol that Lee fella, such an attention seeking idiot. Looks at you wanting a reaction, I just laugh.

Swift Sport

I really like that exhaust, but then I've not heard it standard. Hearing exhausts on the internet and in real life isn't quite the same though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I just don't see the fuss about Akrapovic, they look great and sound average on any car i've heard. Certainly don't justify the price tags sound wise.

Not a 320d

Lol that Lee fella, such an attention seeking idiot. Looks at you wanting a reaction, I just laugh.

Yep! Complete prat.

I heard his parents came into money, and he got some of it so no longer works.

I work from home and my window faces Guildford Road in Woking so get the pleasure of listening to him drive past from 9am - about 11pm. He drops the clutch and revs the engine when he drives past parked cars to set the alarms off.

How old is Mr Munson then?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Awful video, and what was with the gran turismo style tyre squeals :S

It does sound forced, but I can confirm that 360hp sideways does tend to induce some tyre squeal.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Oh I can appreciate that, but it's an exhaust vid and the random edits/cuts plus the tyre noises made it a bit s**t.

Yeah it's a bit gay. I still like the sound of the exhaust, but I do again now think it's not what the car is about.

Also I think OEM will historically promise better residual values.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Nope.

Lols at people still believing he's nearly 60 as well.

And that his name is roy.....

anyway I had on on my 197 and it sounded bloody lovely. However I did feel a bit if a tool in it at over 30 with a barried up clio and exhaust. So I sold it

do miss it from time to time though

Fabia VRS & Yeti

Standard sounds meaty enough! The Akrapovic sounds a little too raspy but I'm guessing thats with the flaps open.

I think it sounds better in this vid before the flaps are opened

They aren't cheap of course but going by their bike exhausts they are very nicely made.

I'm guessing you've seen these pics too, carbon sleeves look cack imo.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590495

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.