ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Wheel Vs 182 content

First one fitted and working in the UK possibly?

Matt Wills dropped it off and a few hours tinkering with the wiring has got the CC function working perfectly, airbag values look to be good to so will update once fitted.

VERY lightly rubs on the shroud, but a few days driving and it has worn flush and is doing it less.

Good wheel for the car as often people don't want a little OMP number due to having no harnesses (lack of airbag = no teeth) and the total loss of the cruise control.

Wheel has moved towards driver by about an inch which is lovely (stalks are slightly further away than they were) which has lets you move the seat back and stretch your legs into a more comfortable position.

Made out a lovely material and is a pleasure to hold as its a bit "thicker" which is possibly why it feels smaller to use?

Love the red stripe too ;)

steeringwheel.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC Birchdown lined it up and found it would fit? Didn't think it would go on in the end as the 172 wheel spacing is slightly less so it rubbed to much & the CC function was not wired in? Steve/Gaz will have to confirm, either way its all good :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im sorry but the fact that you have something once owned by Matt Wills spoils it for me.

Oh wait....:eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. Its modded (Not really ESure, calm down!). And i put oil in it last week.

Seriously, my steering wheel is gash. I'll speak to you next week and order a wheel from the diamond stealers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
IIRC Birchdown lined it up and found it would fit? Didn't think it would go on in the end as the 172 wheel spacing is slightly less so it rubbed to much & the CC function was not wired in? Steve/Gaz will have to confirm, either way its all good :)

Yeah. I missed the bit about fitted and working! lol.

iirc, Birchdown just trial fitted it to see if the splines lined up.

This! Mines only a Cup, so no CC, we just tried it to look at the splines etc. Nice mod imo!

DB.

BMW 440i
Im also another one who wouldnt mind a ball park figure being PMd when you get a chance! Purely because i dont like the standard 182 wheel, but want to keep the cruise control and airbag!

Thanking youuuu!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Wouldnt like to say what legal complications there might be if the airbag didnt fire..... I know the airbag resistance is the same as a MK2, but there is no ways of testing a MK3 airbag on a MK2.... unless its deployed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hope this becomes a viable option, my 182 one is getting taty.

RenaultSport Clio 172
ok, so quick question.... why doesn't everyone chip in a few dollars, purchase a 2nd hand airbag/wheel, put it in a 172/182, and trip the sensor and see if the airbag goes off? would be the cheapest way i would think?
Or is there some flaw to my plan that i am missing?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
+ airbag though, which i'm sure someone said was more than the wheel!

Would also like a pm with the price fitted when you have worked one out :)

Oh yeah I know it will cost more then that.

I look forward to seeing the price of the wheel fitted, as I am sick of my huge steering wheel.

Not got a car
Im sure a lot of people would be interested in having these, a good way of getting rid of the warn 172/82 tat.

I think it looks great and will have to be a must.

Wouldnt like to say what legal complications there might be if the airbag didnt fire..... I know the airbag resistance is the same as a MK2, but there is no ways of testing a MK3 airbag on a MK2.... unless its deployed.

This is a very good point and something that we will look into carefully, if it means deploying a MK2 airbag, then deploying a MK3 to see if the conditions are the same then so be it.