ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 performance mods & photoshop

Chocolate Bar™
think you need to stick with 17's and go for a bigger drop myself ;)

that milltek exhaust isnt doing much for me, as i actually like the standard shape exhausts as they follow the diffuser.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
good point - recaros & auto lights minimum - 17K for a Clio - ouch

how much you paying for a 225 then G?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
£16449 delivered on a truck to my door, Brand spankers, FF, Xenons, Cup Chassis, Full Leather Recaros, the spec is unbelieveable, I thought the 172 was good. I think the car spec is £21.5k from Renault, the best they could do was £19400.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
WOW - nice one - nearly new are that much!

only a few quid more than a 'basic' 197 :)

mmmmm - now I just need to find 11K down the back of the sofa :-(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its a lot of car for the money :

img2324cw6.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If i'm being truthful, i prefer the look of the 197 in some ways, the Megane looks like its missing a set of subtle sideskirts IMO (172/182 stylee), the 197 manages to deflect that requirement, unfortunately its overpriced, short of spec and sloooowwww (oh and doesn't have the space and comfort of the 225)

how much was the megane alloys? im doing the same but not copying it, i had the idea of those black megane wheels on the racing blue since i saw the car was just worried about the handling as the 17s were made for the best performance for the 197.

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
With regards the Miltek exhaust - the article in EVO states that the 197 exhaust was deliberately designed to follow diffuser otherwise the diffuser doesn't work.

Add that to no boot spoiler and you may have a very loose rear end!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Mike-bham said:
That looks sooo nice!
Are those wing mirrors standard?

yes, they form part of the 'Cup Chassis' option (wider tyres, altered suspension, anthrancite wheels, Brembo brakes, anthrancite wing mirrors)

HBB said:
With regards the Miltek exhaust - the article in EVO states that the 197 exhaust was deliberately designed to follow diffuser otherwise the diffuser doesn't work.

Add that to no boot spoiler and you may have a very loose rear end!

The 197 doesn't go fast enough to benefit from any 'downforce' provided by the maketing diffuser.