ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Owner to get a 172 Cup...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just go to a scrap yard. One at bilston with a weigh bridge Tom. Ask them nicely and I'm sure they will let you on.

Because my insurance is £5000 a year and my excess is £3000 and I can't swap it over to a car worth less than my insurance or excess without having to change my policy and lose my six months so far.

I've already wasted six months with my last car in a similar scenario and I'm fed up of paying through the nose for insurance, so I'll wait.

If I was patient to begin with, I'd have had one years NCB now, since the fire.

Tom take it to these in wednesbury they have weighing facilities and do that corner weighting stuff, plus you get to see a few cup racer versions of your car;)

http://www.totalcontrolracing.com/
Nice one! Will do keep that in mind, cheers Mart.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Because my insurance is £5000 a year and my excess is £3000 and I can't swap it over to a car worth less than my insurance or excess without having to change my policy and lose my six months so far.

I've already wasted 6 months with my last car in a similar scenario and I'm fed up of paying through the nose for insurance, so I'll wait.

If I was patient to begin with, I'd have had one years NCB now since the fire.

Who are you with? That's mental, I've swapped cars half way through my policy twice on the trot now and just paid an admin fee on one, and nothing on the other (in fact I got a refund of £170 on 1 of them)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No way. I thought me paying 205 pound a month until August was bad. That's only cus I added it into old policy.

Best to wait though. That's what I had to do. It certainly pays off

Bloody hell tom!! are you new to driving ,17,drink drive alot or mow people down whilst going 3 times the speed limit in a 30 zone???? thats steep but hay hoh what we sacrifice for what we want its our/your choice..:D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just for reference, my stripped cup weighed in at 970 kg's with around 10-15 kg's of fuel in it. it still had the air-con in it aswell so knock another 20kg's off there.

Its possible to get the cups without aircon down to 920kgs without too much hard work

I've never crashed.
I've never been crashed into.
I've had no claims since I was 18 (6 years)
I've never even so much as claimed for a broken windscreen.
I've got no points.
I've never had a parking ticket.
I've never even been pulled over.

Someone sets fire to my car and wham!

This is why my insurance is 5k

Just for reference, my stripped cup weighed in at 970 kg's with around 10-15 kg's of fuel in it. it still had the air-con in it aswell so knock another 20kg's off there.

Its possible to get the cups without aircon down to 920kgs without too much hard work
Cheers mate. That's useful!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No fcuking way! I never knew you had that ordeal with your car. Just read your thread. b******s.

I know it's poop but in time things will be ok for ya. As in cheap insurance etc. it's so unfair how your insurance goes up extortionately.

Sorry that it's totally off topic of a 172 cup. But I never knew you went through that ordeal.

Lol yeah. I was gutted when it happened and was really chewed up for months after. S'all good though - if that never caught fire I wouldn't be here. I'd probably be on a polo gti forum wishing I had a Clio lol. After that I got an 11 plate 1.2 Clio and made the natural progression to my 197. :)

Anyway - back on topic! Can anyone recommend insurance companies for a 172 cup? I've seen a few that won't touch them...

Meg 225
Strange, many differences in weight here! In Holland the empty weight of a car as it came from the factory is stated in the car's registration papers. My 172 FF weighs 1010kg according my papers, that's without gasoline ofcourse

RS250, 182, 172
Im with Sky insurance as I already have my Integra Type R with them but they brokered me a great deal for my 172 track car, £500 all mods and limited mileage, may be worth giving them a go.

Good choice of car, when I was looking to get a track car I went through all kinds of possibilities and finally narrowed the choice down to a DC2 Integra or a Ph1 172. I went for the Clio based on power to weight, handling and cheapness & availability of parts.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's got to be cup Tom. Get yourself one of them, strip it down, and track it. :D

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sky insurance. I will have to try them once renewal is up in August. I just stuck with admiral because I was halfway through policy and I didn't want to lose no claims.

A trophy? Really? I would say a 172 cup. Or like you say. A phase 1. Gotta love the front bumpers on them ;)
Why do you suggest a trophy Martin?

better suspension setup out the box easily made better with rear arb,solid top mounts etc, better resale value..easy to live with day to day instead of a stripped cup, not every man and his dog has one! and its red;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Still trying to convince my dad to buy a cup for a track toy. :( no joy yet though.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Chris hit him with a wooden spoon;)

He wants to sell his motorbike which is worth 6k and I was trying to tell him how he could buy a decent cup and have shed loads of change. He's not game though :( I will keep on though.

If I was to hit him with a wooden spoon though he would get the spoon and ram it up my arse :(

I would love a trophy but it's too expensive as a second car I think. It'd also be sacrilege to strip it out like I will with a cup.

Anyway! I paid a deposit yesterday and will be collecting my 172 cup in about two weeks. :D

Mechanically sound - one or two car park dings - I'm happy though. :D

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No worries. What happened to waiting until Christmas time?

That's well nice of you man. Honestly, I wouldn't mind. It's not near by though.... If you're serious n' wanna text me, PM me your mob number. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Too late for me to say anything!!!

MarkCup http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkCup70?ob=0 had the Cup, but now has a 200 and rates it.

Just change front seats mate...they're poo compared to others. What year? 52, 03, 53? if orange side indicators on wings, change for clear...improves it no end.

Also, if you want me to help you get to whereever it is...give me a shout. :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Hey. 197 owner is now a 172 cup owner. And might I say. What a great car!!!!