ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Ordered

Clio200 EDC Lux
After much hagling with the local stealer, finally got the deal I wanted :approve:
Ordered a 197 with: climate control, rear tints, mp3 headunit, xenons.
In the metalic blue (albi)

Can't wait for it to arrive, got to wait to Oct 22nd though :dapprove:

Storm_Force said:
After much hagling with the local stealer, finally got the deal I wanted :approve:
Ordered a 197 with: climate control, rear tints, mp3 headunit, xenons.
In the metalic blue (albi)

Can't wait for it to arrive, got to wait to Oct 22nd though :dapprove:

How much? if you dont mind.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
KyleB said:
sounds good...you driven one?

I drove the blue one at West in Kings Lynn on Tuesday, off there again on monday for more repairs to be done, so another test drive is needed me thinks.

also I'd like to know a rough price you paid if you dont mind me asking???

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Hurrah! Another 197 lover.

I've gotta wait until next year for mine :(

Well done mate! Pics as soon as you get her please :)

Nice one!

Lovely lovely car. I have some reasons not to order one but I'm envious of anyone who has. It's such a meaty sexy car in the flesh and it drives superbly :approve:

jonnyboy said:
nutters! wait for the imports to start coming at 12,500k

I kind of agree, but price isnt everything to some people. If I didnt have any price/perfromance issues, then I'd be proud to pay for a new 197 - its a great car :eek:

MINI JCW
Roy Munson said:
I kind of agree, but price isnt everything to some people. If I didnt have any price/perfromance issues, then I'd be proud to pay for a new 197 - its a great car :eek:

I agree about the performance issue, if it was as quick as a meg 225 Id consider one as i think they look awesome and from what ive read they are as good to drive. Ive been invited for a test drive so ill be taking that offer up!

Thats said it will still be the quickest car by some way in the supermini section, but it just doesnt offer the performance per £ that my 182 does

Leon Cupra 300
Actually above is aa good good point of the 197, it just doesnt have the same performance per £££ as the 172/182s, but weve had it good for so long with them and the 197 is a lot nicer car (not better, faster, or whatever but it is nicer) so its a thumbs up from me..

Clio200 EDC Lux
P/x ed my 172 (2003) import got £6300 which isn't as bad as what I thought it would be, seeing the price is for when I actually pick the 197 up. Test drove one the other week, Loved it. I was toying with getting a mk2 V6 but then the practicality of having one made me decide on the 197.
I am so excited can't wait never had a brandnew car before.

MINI JCW
philmots said:
Actually above is aa good good point of the 197, it just doesnt have the same performance per £££ as the 172/182s, but weve had it good for so long with them and the 197 is a lot nicer car (not better, faster, or whatever but it is nicer) so its a thumbs up from me..

Overall the 197 is a better car than the 182. Its a different animal though, the 182 is more like a old school hot hatch where as the 197 is like a mini Golf GTi

Elise/VX220/R26
I agree that BHP figures and 0-60 times arent everything and to be fair its pretty brave of renault to effeclivley put out the 197 as something on paper that is more warm hatch than evolution of a current hot hatch, all I'm saying is save yourself about 3 grand in purchase cost and depreciation by waiting 6 months for the impots to start flowing, buying a 197 at 15/16k is just lunacy at the moment. By the end of the year when the imports kick in you'll be picking the same cars up 2nd hand for 11-12k

X-172 Cup
Storm_Force said:
P/x ed my 172 (2003) import got £6300 which isn't as bad as what I thought it would be, seeing the price is for when I actually pick the 197 up. Test drove one the other week, Loved it. I was toying with getting a mk2 V6 but then the practicality of having one made me decide on the 197.
I am so excited can't wait never had a brandnew car before.

Good for you m8 ;) new cars rock!

read the Evo report on it last month: 'if Porshe ever did a hot hatch, it would feel like this...'

4.5 Stars

Last edited:
So looking at the extra's thats over £1,600 on top of the £16,000 mrp.

Hope you got a good discount.

Dont want to put a damper on the 'new car' thing but when you can get a Meg 225 cup for less than £14,000 i wouldn't be paying £17,600 for a clio.

But thats just me.

stokecitypottermouse said:
read the Evo report on it last month: 'if Porshe ever did a hot hatch, it would feel like this...'

4.5 Stars
I'm surprise they only gave it 4.5 though since they gave the William 5 stars.

Still enjoy the new car.

Clio sport 172 cup
I go and test one an see is it good from my local dealer bus most car magazings says the 197 is slower than the 182 due to the weights Kgs is that true !! I think is very expensive its a about time the clio sport has 6 speed I hope the new one is better built than the old ones?

Ben said:
I go and test one an see is it good from my local dealer bus most car magazings says the 197 is slower than the 182 due to the weights Kgs is that true !! I think is very expensive its a about time the clio sport has 6 speed I hope the new one is better built than the old ones?

If you're asking if the 197 feels slow (I cant understand your post) then yes, it does feel slow compared to a 182.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Ben said:

Care to try that again in English?

Turbos.
Will look forward to your review mate. I might buy one next year when they have hopefully ironed out any niggles and prices aren't so high! I bought a Modus today and got a 15% discount from the dealer, he reckons he can do the same for the 197 if i come back after Christmas...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ben said:

Whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaa there sonny, step away from the alcohol....

congrats on your new car . whatever you paid for it i bet you're f**king chuffed . i am test driving one tmrw i'll see what its all about then.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Wan82 said:
whatever you paid for it i bet you're f**king chuffed.

Yeah can't wait, I didn't get the deal of the century as dealers have been told not to discount, but I am happy with the deal I did get and thats all that matter.

Storm_Force said:
Yeah can't wait, I didn't get the deal of the century as dealers have been told not to discount, but I am happy with the deal I did get and thats all that matter.

Thats fair enough.

Just a few of us nosy feckers curious.

Still seems a shame that they cost so much compared to what you can pick up a Meg for.

An orange one
meganes are fecking ugly though, i love the looks of the 197 especially in deep black.

i think you should have went for the mk2 vee option though...;) but im biased

R26
i get mine mid sept only had climate control gap supagard and mats 16,995
racing blue its the colour for me
was going for black but dont show all the details as good

VaVa
Spanking new 197! Lucky boy! They may not be any quicker, but overall it's a better car imho.

I saw a Racing Blue 197 in the flesh in the car park at the BTCC at Donnington. Have to admit it looked a lot better than I thought. Bloody lovely in fact.