ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 F1 Recaro's

White 197
Can anyone tell me if the Recaro's as found in the F1 can be "transplanted" into a 197 or does the seat use a different mounting mechanism/runners etc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yes they can

you can buy them directly from Recaro too, they'll fit all 172's, 182's & the 197

they're called Sportster CS

White 197
What about the seat covering can you get that as well so it matches the rest of the interior?

Also what about the airbags?

Last edited:
  Black 133 Cup
What about the seat covering can you get that as well so it matches the rest of the interior?

Also what about the airbags?

The Sportster CS can come with either no airbags or side airbags, like the original 182 seats. Easiest option is no airbags and when fitting the seats use airbag resistors on the original airbag-seat loom (very simple to do). I know you can get a kit to hook the CS airbags to the original loom but of course those seats are more expensive than without.

As for covering, I presume you mean the materials used? The CS can come with exactly the same trim as in either the 182 or the 197, although the black alcantara is slightly different but only under close inspection.