ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 cams and remap

clio 182 sport
So i need help, I want to my 182 faster just think it lacks in pulling power, so been hearing people saying about putin 197 cams in there clios.

Where can i get some??
and i need someone to recommend me somewhere that can remap my clio and fit them i live in Andover.

Or do you guys think the RS tuner 98 ron map is worth doin.

I still want my car to be reliable as i use it everyday.

please all help any ideas are welcome :)

Tbh unless you ate willing to spend large cash I wouldn't chase power. I'd only ever fit cams alone if I got some on a deal and was doing keys anyway. Otherwise not worth the cost.

Want improved power across the tec range and better drivability then wait for a second hand set of bodies to come up.

53 Clio's & counting
To fit cams you will need to change the cambelt, and unless yours has been replaced recently, you would be silly not to change the whole kit rather than just the belt, then the aux belt kit too - so it can end up becoming a £1000 job to be done properly

clio 182 sport
To fit cams you will need to change the cambelt, and unless yours has been replaced recently, you would be silly not to change the whole kit rather than just the belt, then the aux belt kit too - so it can end up becoming a £1000 job to be done properly

Ok, I need my belts changed anyways, and i was expecting to pay about that figure, cams,belts and labour and remap all inclueded.

Hope this now helps :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally I'd say you need Fred to hook you up. I'm not a tuner but I believe he does the GT cams fitted with new belts for £900 then you just need the remap.

or for a few hundred quid more dan @ 519 does a cams package with remap and matched inlets but if you dont want the inlets im sure the price would be different

Option 2 Catcams 438s, Matched inlets, Pipercross panel filter, and our own specially developed remap, all fully fitted including both belt kits £1499 or £1349 on a 172 cup

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
He's always in work... I hear his recent track car build did bloody well yesterday at Donnington to.

Dan will equally be able to sort you out so I guess it boils down to location, location, location

clio 182 sport
or for a few hundred quid more dan @ 519 does a cams package with remap and matched inlets but if you dont want the inlets im sure the price would be different

Option 2 Catcams 438s, Matched inlets, Pipercross panel filter, and our own specially developed remap, all fully fitted including both belt kits £1499 or £1349 on a 172 cup

:O think this is out of my price range atm ...... why is it cheaper on the 172??

Iirc 172cups are easier to work on due to the lack of air con
this as there is no air con so it takes less time but also a AC equipped car's aux belt kit is more expensive iirc..
he's located in bedford
as for the price being out your range give him a ring and see what the difference would be without the matched inlets and panel filter if you don't want them

clio 182 sport
  53 Clio's & counting
Id go with Fred IMO, everything he has done for me has been spot on - he set my tracking by eye ffs, and it was brilliant!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
He must've done that after 1pm cos before that (before he's had 2 Redbulls and 5 cigs) he's blind as a bat LoLz