ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 and new type r

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Just wondered if anyone has seen the pics of the new type r yet and what they thought of it compared to new 197???

I think it looks ok but probably not to everyones taste!!!!!

M

mij29

don't like the new clio at all. The 172/182 looks loads better apart from the picture of a white 1 some 1 posted on here.

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
yeah i think the new type r looks pretty mean.. dont think there out for ages yet though!!!!

al

ST on the way...
droopy17_1140690708_type_r_06.jpg

droopy17_1140691142_type_r_06_c_.jpg

droopy17_1140690899_type_r06_b.jpg

droopy17_1140691561_type_r_06_d_.jpg

Black/Gold 182
^ I don't think the road one will be so hardcore. Aren't they keeping the same engine as the current one too?

al

ST on the way...
I think it'll be more or less exactly that same as the concept.

Look at the standard Civic, the production version was exactly the same as the concept.

Same engine as current but lighter car IIRC.

RS Clio 182 Trophy
On looks i'd say the civic but we'll have to wait and see what they drive like. I'd say it will look like the concept. Anyone else heard anything about there being a type r r?

Civic Type -R FN2
id sell my pinky finger for that type r, love it

the 197 looks like its french, with no british design....

RS Clio 182 Trophy
Yeah I thought so, will be interesting to see. I loved the previous type r but it's a bit long in the tooth now.

Dont have driverslicence
I like the front of the R but the rear. i can cry about it. The car is not a civic anymore but more a enterprise ship..

Tangoed Works
I think its going to have 18" wheels as opposed to those 20"'s in the pic there and defo be using the old engine.

Turbos.
They use it on the bikes i think?

The Civic is an atrocity, it oozes chavocity. I look forward to posting some patronising comments if anyone gets one.

is it just me being a sad old b*****d but does anyone think the front of the CTR looks like a Centurian from the original battlestar galactica series?

the continuous glazed light feature looks like the eye with the moving red thing.

182 RB FF
Id Rather buy that than the 197, but what i hated abut the old civic was the fact its got so popular and every boy racer had one...or me its still all about the 172/182 and V6s

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
The Bear said:
Think I'll wait for the ultra-hardcore and agressive Type-GRR

:evil:

LOL

There will be no such thing as a typeRR. I've noticed that the british auto-journalist are sometimes worse than your tabliods.