ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Just a quick question for everyone.

Does anyone know if the engine in the clio 197 is the same engine as the clio 200?

If not anyone know the main differences?

Cheers

search is your friend.

infact sod it, of course its the same engine!

u think renault would build a new engine for a car thats just had new fake exhausts and a punch in the mouth?

Clio 200
search is your friend.

infact sod it, of course its the same engine!

u think renault would build a new engine for a car thats just had new fake exhausts and a punch in the mouth?

Aye because that's the only differences!

It is the same engine mate just reworked the cylinder head and a different map afaik could be wrong tho

haha, the 200 fanclub arrives.

fyi i love the 200, brilliant car and yes i've driven the 197/200 on road and track.

the 197 didnt really need a facelift lets be honest, so yeh its got a few cosmetic changes, slightly reworked inlet, mapping and exhaust setup.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
200 is a better road car due to the way it delivers the power lower down, so whatever they did it needed it, but both are cracking cars.

With Naith on the looks though, prefer the 197, but the 200 is still a good looking car imo.

Crappy work hire car
Could you not just tune a 197 to deliver that low down torque? If so, how?

Clio 1970000000
I think its the same engine in 172/182/197/200. Each car is a development of the same lump.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yup

http://www.renault.com/en/Innovation/stars-mecaniques/Pages/f4r-rs.aspx

F4R RS

F4R_RS2.jpg

Designed by Renault Sport Technologies, the 16V F4R RS 2.0 naturally aspirated engine has real character! Lively and discreet at low engine speeds, it proves its sporting credentials at higher speeds.
Optimised efficiency
The 16V F4R RS 2.0 develops 200 hp at 7,250 rpm for torque of 125 Nm at 5,550 rpm. With 100 hp per litre of capacity, it boasts exceptional performance for this segment.
To deliver this level of power and torque, engine efficiency has been optimised, with:
  • An improved cylinder-filling rate based on technology imported directly from Formula 1 engines
  • Larger valve openings to bring in more air and optimise gas flow
  • Continuously variable valve timing to improve engine performance at all speeds. Result: more torque at lower engine speeds and more power at higher speeds
  • A high compression ratio of 11.5:1 obtained through the well designed shape of the chamber and piston. Combustion quality is improved for high standards of efficiency and limited pollutant emissions
On the road...
Equipped with the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 engine and a TL4 6-speed manual gearbox, Clio Renaultsport hits 62 mph from a standing start in just 6.9 seconds. It covers 1 km from a standing start in a mere 27.5 seconds.
Sporting temperament
For outstanding driveability and exceptional thrills, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 delivers:
  • Strong acceleration and immediate response
    Driving is smooth and lively for day-to-day use; stimulating and fast paced for higher speeds
  • A signature engine sound, developed by the engineers of Renaultsport Technologies
    Discreet at low speeds, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 knows how to "roar" when pushed, with its reinforced subframe and the floor specially designed to limit boom, a "3Y" type exhaust manifold, a steel crankshaft with eight counterweights to reduce spurious vibration and friction.

Not a 320d
haha, the 200 fanclub arrives.

fyi i love the 200, brilliant car and yes i've driven the 197/200 on road and track.

the 197 didnt really need a facelift lets be honest, so yeh its got a few cosmetic changes, slightly reworked inlet, mapping and exhaust setup.

Face lift not a face punch, looks like a hippo. Ugly f**king cars.

Clio 1970000000
yup

http://www.renault.com/en/Innovation/stars-mecaniques/Pages/f4r-rs.aspx

F4R RS

F4R_RS2.jpg

Designed by Renault Sport Technologies, the 16V F4R RS 2.0 naturally aspirated engine has real character! Lively and discreet at low engine speeds, it proves its sporting credentials at higher speeds.
Optimised efficiency
The 16V F4R RS 2.0 develops 200 hp at 7,250 rpm for torque of 125 Nm at 5,550 rpm. With 100 hp per litre of capacity, it boasts exceptional performance for this segment.

To deliver this level of power and torque, engine efficiency has been optimised, with:
  • An improved cylinder-filling rate based on technology imported directly from Formula 1 engines
  • Larger valve openings to bring in more air and optimise gas flow
  • Continuously variable valve timing to improve engine performance at all speeds. Result: more torque at lower engine speeds and more power at higher speeds
  • A high compression ratio of 11.5:1 obtained through the well designed shape of the chamber and piston. Combustion quality is improved for high standards of efficiency and limited pollutant emissions
On the road...
Equipped with the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 engine and a TL4 6-speed manual gearbox, Clio Renaultsport hits 62 mph from a standing start in just 6.9 seconds. It covers 1 km from a standing start in a mere 27.5 seconds.
Sporting temperament

For outstanding driveability and exceptional thrills, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 delivers:
  • Strong acceleration and immediate response
    Driving is smooth and lively for day-to-day use; stimulating and fast paced for higher speeds
  • A signature engine sound, developed by the engineers of Renaultsport Technologies
    Discreet at low speeds, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 knows how to "roar" when pushed, with its reinforced subframe and the floor specially designed to limit boom, a "3Y" type exhaust manifold, a steel crankshaft with eight counterweights to reduce spurious vibration and friction.

Sounds amazing :D. When are they going to put one in my 197 :rasp:

Clio 200 RS + SRB
I must admit i cant say much, i like both the 197 and the 200. Both great looking cars and from what i can make of them both fantastic cars.

But when i went to actually see them both it was the 200 that pinched it to the post. I prefer the facelifts from the older car. Also it extremely quick and agile whilst it can be driven normally with no problems aswell.

Only 2 things bother me about these two cars.

1: How the megane gets more MPG than the clio despite being bigger and heavier. Tho i suppose thats due to more BHP.

2: How some people can have very different feelings for what is basically the same car. I just imagine the car as having two bodykit options when purchasing. Everyone has their own taste and will choose which one they prefer.

Tho i cant say much. I absolutely hate all subaru's and BMW's (including mini's) due to their design.

Its strange how something that is created by us can make such different feelings. I guess its like standing in an art gallery looking at a painting a chimps just done and saying its a gorgeous piece or art work when actually its just a mess on a piece of paper.

Wierd..........