ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - leaking exhaust?

My Cup has just over 14k on the clock now and is 8 months old. In the last week I've noticed the exhaust seems like its blowing. At around 3250rpm its very boomy, and when pushing hard it's clearly leaking.

Is this a common fault? I've not a had a look under the car yet, but I cant imagine its leaking because of rust after only 8 months. My fear is that it wont be convered under warranty.

Anyone else has exhaust problems with nearly new 182s? I'll probably book it in next week and see what the dealer says. IMHO an exhaust on an 8 month old car shouldnt be leaking already.

Clio 182
Mine is only 10 months old and i have not noticed any problems with it, but i would be straight down to Renault if i was you, the worse thing they could say is it is not covered but i dont think they will.

From the cat back they have a 1 year warrenty (cat has 3 yrs) More than a few have been replaced so get it sorted now by the nice dealer.

Mine has been checked as it was noisy but it was bad alignment. If & when it gives up I am going to get a nice aftermarket s/steel cat back system as 1) it will have a lifetime warrenty 2) will look better 3) will be cheaper I recon than the oem tin made system.

Simon

my 182 sounds louder than when i got it too, especially when its cold and when parked next to walls or other cars and you can hear the echo of it..