ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cat Mod - anyone had it done?

If so, what price did you pay? I've been quoted £65 by Danmar in Wigan or £114 from JP in Macclesfield.

For those who don't know, it's chopping the olive join off the car and sleeving it over/under the centre section so that it doesn't blow.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If so, what price did you pay? I've been quoted £65 by Danmar in Wigan or £114 from JP in Macclesfield.

For those who don't know, it's chopping the olive join off the car and sleeving it over/under the centre section so that it doesn't blow.

Speak to Mike at Hoole Tyres and Exhausts, he's only there for another 10 days but he'd sort it out for £10-20 or so.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Did one yesterday

995472_544859885567837_312720162_n.jpg

​£65

Attachments

• 995472_544859885567837_312720162_n.jpg
    995472_544859885567837_312720162_n.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,051
Might pop down to Danmar then, £65 seems more reasonable now. May see if they'll chop the centre silencer out too!

Fred i have a whistle noise and so does the user Jezza Mc.

Both of us have MK1 Yozza's , is it this join thats causing them ?
Yes, but it's not the exhausts fault as it does it with all exhausts that have this join. It's Renaults shitty design of the cat.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I got mine sleeved at Fred's last year. Fantastic welding and fabricating of the steel pipe.

I'll grab a picture tomorrow because I'm jacking it up anyway

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
£10-20 for 1.5 hours work plus materials? Is that why he's only there for another 10 days? ;)

He's an aquaintance of mine. He made my solid boost pipes on my last car for free.

Still, if you want to go and spend an extra £40-50 quid then so be it. Just trying to help and save OP money.

He's only there for 10 more days as he's opening his own place up rather than working for Longlife. He's one of the good ones btw ;)

I got mine sleeved at Fred's last year. Fantastic welding and fabricating of the steel pipe.

I'll grab a picture tomorrow because I'm jacking it up anyway

This!

Though i've gotta get my cat-fitting kit redone as mine is whistling again (should have got new exhaust mounts when i had it done as mine were fucked and i think its now fucked the fitting kit)

Lionel Richie
yeah its the way it is unfortunately, apart from sending out exchange pre moddified CATS there's not much that can be done apart from cutting it off

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Fred i have a whistle noise and so does the user Jezza Mc.

Both of us have MK1 Yozza's , is it this join thats causing them ?

Think I'm going to try and pick up a second hand cat and give it a shot at modifying it myself Marc, will let you know how I get on when I get around to doing it!

Quick update: I had the work done today by Danmar exhausts in Orrell, Wigan.

It cost me £70 and I also had the centre silencer chopped out. He basically cut the olive join off the cat, welded a massive straight pipe between that and the end of the centre silencer! Not exactly what I wanted (as I won't be able to remove the cat, not that I wanted to...) but it definitely does the job and I'm pleased with the work. It certainly won't be blowing any time soon anyway!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Out of curiosity, do they warrant the work? always been scared of welding a zorst as they normally fail around the weld and break.

Would like to have this at some point after MOT and decat / weld it all together to get rid of that blowing noise coming out of it.

It says so on their website, he seems a decent guy too so can't see it being a problem. I hope it doesn't fail though!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
lol not trying to scare it will last longer than I implied, might take it to 519 to be done, £65 seems worth it even for a year, time it right and it might break off in time for the MOT when I need the cat back on lol

The exhaust shouldnt need to be welded at all.

When Fred did mine, he chopped the olive join off my yozza, and welded some metal onto the Cat (chopped the end off the cat too), the sleeve is slightly larger than the yozza pipe, so it works without having to touch the exhaust really.

(or its done the other way, i cant remember, either way not much is changed).

When Fred did mine, he chopped the olive join off my yozza, and welded some metal onto the Cat (chopped the end off the cat too), the sleeve is slightly larger than the yozza pipe, so it works without having to touch the exhaust really.

I was having the centre silencer removed too so he just did it all in one.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Depends on the system. Piper and janspeed are easiest as they are sleeved as standard. I had to weld a new piece on a scorpion last week to achieve the same

Absolutely appalling job of what I asked, Stevie Wonder must have done the welding, didn't line up, snapped my Powerflex mounts, zip-tied into place etc... I'll take some photos and make a thread tomorrow. Just had a full custom Prospeed system fitted with the mod redone and all is well.

Lionel Richie
So you actually weld a flange(?) to each end and bolt them together, rather than welding on a bit of pipe and using a connector so sleeve over each end.

depends what mood i'm in LOL, not a huge fan of sleeve joints, have done some with a sleeve it just depends what time of day it is, 6pm on a friday i want s**t done = sleeve