ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and speed bumps

I used to own a first generation MR2 and was forever catching the front of the car on speed bumps unless I went over them at a little more than a few mph.

Is the 182 prone to this - especially the lowered Trophy ?

I was hoping that the extra lip that gets fitted to the bottom of the front spoiler with the cup pack would protect the paintwork.

How well is it fitted to the main front bumper... Is it likely to come off easily if I hit a bump ?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

The front of mine bottoms out when I am reversing down the drive onto the road. Never had a problem with speed humps though.

Many thanks for the feedback guys. Hoping to buy a 182 this weekend and will be joining the club as soon as the membership service is working again.

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive never had a problem with any of my Clios over speed bumps.

The only time Ive caught a splitter was on a kerb on a car park.

artic blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 09 September 2005

Ive never had a problem with any of my Clios over speed bumps.

The only time Ive caught a splitter was on a kerb on a car park.
nice to know i aint the only 1 then lol

Mini Cooper S sport

Yeah I park well back from high kerbs! Its been close on a couple of occasions :oops:.

I must say (on a different note), the 182 wheels are much better designed than 172s. I havent kerbed mine once yet, but I scuffed the 172 alloys so many times because of that rim that sticks out further than the tyre.

A red missile

Same here, never had it scrape, does feel like driving over a mountain at anything more than 20 though. I always feel like my kidneys are about to break loose.

Tesla MP3 2021

well when i was in my old car which was lowerd i was prone to every type of bumb and even getting up kirbs......but the 182 is perfect no more scares everytime i go over a bump.lol

Remapped derv Golf

Loads and loads of speed bumps round here! Everywhere!

Fred wouldnt stand a chance! LOL!

Dan_mk1 has to make massive detours to miss out certain roads.

Found that the Cup isnt a problem.