ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 wrote off

Clio 172
had my clio ph2 172 for 3 weeks got a right bargin with it! loved it to bits!. then some knob crashed into the o/s/r of the car on a roundabout last nite n has wrote it off smashed all the rear quarter, air bags off n bent the rear axle!!. I'm well cheesed off

Clio 172
Gutter, any pics?

i'll upload in a few mins, i werent the driver my partner was thank god she is ok thats the main thing.Not sure whats happening with the insurance car is getting taken away tommorow by bodyshop but i've had a look at work and its not worth fixing the damage is to bad.:(

172 Cup
upload them to photobucket matey then just paste the link.. Glad to hear you alright tho mate

Clio 172
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/dobbyboy1983/?action=view&current=Picture009-1.jpg

IMG%5D

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/dobbyboy1983/?action=view&current=Picture010.jpg

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/dobbyboy1983/?action=view&current=Picture008-1.jpg
IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Clio 172
Got there in the end!! drivers seat air bag went off, o/s/r seat is bent, o/s/r seat belt is locked solid! dont know what is gonna happen after the insurance is sorted.:(

172 Cup
Gutted for you mate not had my clio long would feel the same if it happened - hope insurance gets it all sorted for you.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ouch thats nasty must be guttering especially if you liked it!

I know I was gutted when I got my old 1.9 diesel on 23rd December and someone somehow reversed or kicked the front wing on 25th. Never got it repaired and lost interest/care in the car. Typical Milton Keynes that was!

172 cup
:eek: gutted for you mate! Always a shame when the car is new to you, i'd feel the same and i've had mine 18months now! At least everyone is ok.

Clio 172
got any non stock bits you wanna swap sell?

Not sure mate as the insurance company is getting the car first thing in the morning?. car has just had x2 new yoko tyres its got sat nav as standard and has just had a timing belt kit. just hope the insurance give me a good offer then i'll probs get another one or some other type of clio i.s 1.5dci?

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Unlucky. Hope everyone involved was ok and hope insurance gets sorted.

iceberg 172
them them you dont want it writing off and offer to supply a few parts!had a couple of customers do it last year!

Looks bad, glad you're OK. Not wanting to point fingers, I guess since the other driver hit the rear drivers side on a round about, you pulled out on the other driver?

Last edited:
That factory sat nav is as rare as rocking horse poo... quickly find someone to swap the dash over with, you'll make yourself £500 easy.

Clio 172
Looks bad, glad you're OK. Not wanting to point fingers, I guess since the other driver hit the rear drivers side on a round about, you pulled out on the other driver?

No my lass was driving with friend and she looked right on the roundabout nothing there, got level with roundabout then walloped 180 degrees over the other side and just missed the railings, and the impact was in a 30mph zone. Now he was speeding and in the wrong lane on road and obvisouly not paying attension of the road ahead.but he is trying to cover his arse by saying my partner pulled out. so i think it will go 50-50 unless he admits the truth?.either way it just gonna be more grief.:(

Clio 172
That factory sat nav is as rare as rocking horse poo... quickly find someone to swap the dash over with, you'll make yourself £500 easy.

well i stated with the insurance company about this and they said it had to stay in the car and i'm arguing that it should be accouted for with more value for the car.

Tangoed Works
these cars are useless in accidents, almost always going to be a write off if its a crash of any significance. glad your okay though mate, hope you get paid out soon

ibiza cupra
the main thing that writes these cars off is the price of the parts. gutted for you though mate.