ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 won't start - cleaned TDC,

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hi all,

Removed my engine from my 172 a few months ago and I finally got round to putting it back in over the weekend. I should note the car started first time every time prior to me removing it.

It turns over but it won't fire. I've checked the grounds (strap from gbox, 2 near battery), cleaned the TDC, fiddled with the starter. Nothing!
Could it be something to do with the immobilizer? The light flashes, but when I turn it over the light goes out.

I can't smell any fuel, could there be a problem with my fuel pump?

Any other ideas? The engine had been sitting for 3-4 months. Battery was fully charged over a few days too.

Cheers

kjf

RSC172 ph2
I just did the dashboard diagnostics and got t - - h. I reset the fault and when I turned it over I only got t - - - . I think that's an injection issue? I checked all the plugs to the injectors but one had snapped. Not the plug or the connection, but a piece of plastic had snapped off the injector making the plug not 100% secure.

172 Ph1
Check the inertia cut out switch if you have one . Mine didn't start Saturday after being left for a week and it was that .
Reset it and it fired up