ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.
  53 Clio's & counting
Hi Vik lol

I tihnk one thing we can take away from this is no one was seriously hurt and motorsport is dangerous - sounds a bit silly but it's easy to forget

53 Clio's & counting
I tihnk you would enjoy coming out with me, ask Dan if he enjoyed the laps I took him out for in my Elise :eek:

Clio 172
IMG_0447_zps4fd72801.jpg

IMG_0448_zps9c040e08.jpg

IMG_0449_zpsa9c8ead2.jpg

IMG_0450_zpsb0af6455.jpg

IMG_0451_zps5fbca153.jpg

IMG_0452_zpsd84acab5.jpg

IMG_0453_zpsf39423bb.jpg

IMG_0454_zps930f2dfe.jpg

IMG_0455_zpscb6e186e.jpg

IMG_0456_zps19785eff.jpg

Courtesy of EvoOwners

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Why has nobody criticised the 306 driver for crashing on his cool down lap?? The bloke is clearly mentally unstable. As soon as the chequered flag came out he sped up!! Lunatic.

mofo took it as the ' idiots ahoy lap ' ;)

on the other hand , glad dan and vikki are OK, the clio actaully held up well tbh!
regardless, metal is replaceable, humans arnt. BUT being a big nosed **** in life is basicly what the bmw t**t has excersised, a simple sorry wouldnt harm FFS.
i really do hope he gets royally shafted for this!

as for the random newb piping up clearly suffering from selective reading..... please shut up unless you can prove evidence ( sp ) of otherwise.

Awesome pics! Look at the car and where the bumper has remained..... Also action shots or what. Thanks

​Russ dan said I would but maybe not going sideways into an overtake sign haha!

TTRS, 172 Cup track
So dan the clio driver watched the BMW driver lose control and regain it only to lose it again as the BMW driver idiotically attempted to power it back onto track?

Clio 172
You know what the saddest bit about all this is? BMW driver just won't admit fault and say sorry.

Glad those in the Clio are (relatively) well.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
328's are cool!

I think this thread has got a touch out of hand. I am not defending anyone or anything, but maybe the BMW driver was shaken up, knew it was all his fault but didn't want to admit it, not knowing what you are like? I mean aren't you always told never admit fault after an accident?

328's are cool! I think this thread has got a touch out of hand. I am not defending anyone or anything, but maybe the BMW driver was shaken up, knew it was all his fault but didn't want to admit it, not knowing what you are like? I mean aren't you always told never admit fault after an accident?

Hmm I think these rules don't apply on track... On roads etc I'm sure your right! I agree with the BMW being a nice car wanted one myself up until very recently.
All of us were shaken up but doesn't stop your mouth from functioning.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Hmm I think these rules don't apply on track... On roads etc I'm sure your right! I agree with the BMW being a nice car wanted one myself up until very recently. All of us were shaken up but doesn't stop your mouth from functioning.

Well, I think shock effects people differently, and it can just stop you functioning at all. Did you speak to the driver an hour or two after the incident or just in the ambulance? I can only imagine what it would be like to be in this situation.

328's are cool!

I think this thread has got a touch out of hand. I am not defending anyone or anything, but maybe the BMW driver was shaken up, knew it was all his fault but didn't want to admit it, not knowing what you are like? I mean aren't you always told never admit fault after an accident?

I do agree he may have been shaken up, and as someone else pointed out that from certain angles I can look reasonably well built lol so would worry about how I was going to react. I'd probably have been the same initially, but I know I would've apologised if it had been me who spun and caused a crash.

When I say caused, I mean, the fact that I would've been the person who was facing the wrong way, I was the person who ran out of talent, then Tarmac.

I know an apology isn't going to happen. No love is lost over it. The end of the day we are all there for a good day, admittedly it didn't quite end how is have liked.

Things to take in?
Yes I was close at camp, thinking more about it, I had the run on him out of bobbies but not enough to get past before the no overtaking at camp. So slotted in close behind.

What should have happened?
He had seen me close behind, throttled off lightly, let me past then progressed. That's what is in the driver briefing. As they say, if he wasn't there 30 seconds ago, and is now, he's quicker, let him past.

Drive to your limits. Can you control it if it all goes pear shaped? Some of us can. Some can't.

Don't get too close, if they won't let you past, ultimately they will make a mistake, just make sure your not around to be collected.

Keep an eye on what's going on around you, be courteous to other drivers, we're all there for a good day.

Well, I think shock effects people differently, and it can just stop you functioning at all. Did you speak to the driver an hour or two after the incident or just in the ambulance? I can only imagine what it would be like to be in this situation.

Maybe so but he spoke first in the ambulance, dan was silent, but as he said it wasn't his fault I then spoke up... Lets call it the shock!

no we didn't speak to him several hours later as he disappeared and we were kinda busy sorting ourselves out and organising lifts home etc!

I guess you had to be there..... But our thoughts were about a written off car and how we were feeling! We did ask the medical staff if he was ok!

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well if you're in going to do something like that do it in style.... Hence why I'm gonna be sliding into my grave sideways with a bottle of vodka yelling lets do that again mother f***ers! Yolo!

Lol vikki, talk about going out in style!

One part of shock, people do get aggresive and confrontational, others clam up and wont speak or react.

At the end of the day sh1t has happened. No need for more sh1t stirring. Its a risk that is taken when going on track, with high speeds and at times close quarters, it is to be expected, although it is not nice and dont want it to happen to anyone. But none the less it is a risk that is taken.

And nice of those blokes to recover the car for you Dan.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I do agree he may have been shaken up, and as someone else pointed out that from certain angles I can look reasonably well built lol so would worry about how I was going to react. I'd probably have been the same initially, but I know I would've apologised if it had been me who spun and caused a crash.

When I say caused, I mean, the fact that I would've been the person who was facing the wrong way, I was the person who ran out of talent, then Tarmac.

I know an apology isn't going to happen. No love is lost over it. The end of the day we are all there for a good day, admittedly it didn't quite end how is have liked.

Things to take in?
Yes I was close at camp, thinking more about it, I had the run on him out of bobbies but not enough to get past before the no overtaking at camp. So slotted in close behind.

What should have happened?
He had seen me close behind, throttled off lightly, let me past then progressed. That's what is in the driver briefing. As they say, if he wasn't there 30 seconds ago, and is now, he's quicker, let him past.

Drive to your limits. Can you control it if it all goes pear shaped? Some of us can. Some can't.

Don't get too close, if they won't let you past, ultimately they will make a mistake, just make sure your not around to be collected.

Keep an eye on what's going on around you, be courteous to other drivers, we're all there for a good day.

Couldn't agree more tbh, I mean I can understand him not apologising initially, it was probably all still a blur to him, but I think he should of had the decency to find you later on to check you were ok and at least talk about the incident, and then offer an apology.

I think you are slightly to blame, you said you saw him driving erratically already, so you could of backed off, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it! But I would of probably done like you did and tried to clear him asap, most of the time it would have been ok, its just a shame this time it wasn't, but thats life, time to move on and buy another cup!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Maybe so but he spoke first in the ambulance, dan was silent, but as he said it wasn't his fault I then spoke up... Lets call it the shock!

no we didn't speak to him several hours later as he disappeared and we were kinda busy sorting ourselves out and organising lifts home etc!

I guess you had to be there..... But our thoughts were about a written off car and how we were feeling! We did ask the medical staff if he was ok!

Ahh, i missed that bit, as i said in the post above it was probably all still a blur to him, but he should of found you later on in the day if not to just clear the air.

At least you made an effort to find out his well being, and maybe he was doing the same as you, trying to get home...

Yeh I can see an element of me being too close. But like you said I'd rather be infront of someone before they make a mistake than be around to be collected.

I personally don't have a problem being over taken, if anything I hate holding people up, as what's me slowing down 1 extra second before a corner going to loose me? When we can both still have a fast lap, without the element of having a potential accident.

I mean, I enjoy a tussle as much as anyone, but if I feel I'm getting close to my limit I'll throw in the towel rather than binning it. I couldn't handle the embarrassment of spooning it infront of people. We had quite a good tussle at Bedford if you remember ;)

Ahh, i missed that bit, as i said in the post above it was probably all still a blur to him, but he should of found you later on in the day if not to just clear the air. At least you made an effort to find out his well being, and maybe he was doing the same as you, trying to get home...

i expect he was, last thing you wanna do is hang around... Unlike us who were practically last to leave.

A blur to all of us but if it was mine or like dan has said his fault then an apology would've been produced, literally all we expected no offer of replacement or compensation! Just a simple dude I'm sorry!

Dan could've have lifted off the throttle but what ifs won't change this situation and may not have on the day.

hasn't deterred us either and we'll be at the next one.... But we have been a little weary of any BMW, think that's natural reaction!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeh I can see an element of me being too close. But like you said I'd rather be infront of someone before they make a mistake than be around to be collected.

I personally don't have a problem being over taken, if anything I hate holding people up, as what's me slowing down 1 extra second before a corner going to loose me? When we can both still have a fast lap, without the element of having a potential accident.

I mean, I enjoy a tussle as much as anyone, but if I feel I'm getting close to my limit I'll throw in the towel rather than binning it. I couldn't handle the embarrassment of spooning it infront of people. We had quite a good tussle at Bedford if you remember ;)

Exactly, and I guess you knowing the type of day it was and the type of drivers it attracts kinda compounded the situation.

You do get ego's out there, and it does seem people dont like to let clio's passed, it happens on the motorway and on track.

Yes I remember our little battle quite well, the only problem was I never felt like i was going to loose control of the Clio, well until I hit the oil of course! LOL. Enjoyed that battle, especially knowing you had 200bhp and I probably had 160 if i was lucky.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yes I remember our little battle quite well, the only problem was I never felt like i was going to loose control of the Clio, well until I hit the oil of course! LOL. Enjoyed that battle, especially knowing you had 200bhp and I probably had 160 if i was lucky.

[video=youtube_share;hskBGTk38lA]http://youtu.be/hskBGTk38lA[/video]

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i expect he was, last thing you wanna do is hang around... Unlike us who were practically last to leave.

A blur to all of us but if it was mine or like dan has said his fault then an apology would've been produced, literally all we expected no offer of replacement or compensation! Just a simple dude I'm sorry!

Dan could've have lifted off the throttle but what ifs won't change this situation and may not have on the day.

hasn't deterred us either and we'll be at the next one.... But we have been a little weary of any BMW, think that's natural reaction!

I know, and I am confident on a normal trackday you would of gotten an apology, but these days attract a "special" kind of person, a this was clearly one of them.

Its a shame it happened and its a shame the bloke wasn't decent enough to hold his hands up at his mistake, he was probably embarrassed a poxy little Clio was so much faster than him!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
[video=youtube_share;hskBGTk38lA]http://youtu.be/hskBGTk38lA[/video]

Thats me! HAHA. But seriously I was just trying to point out how good these clios are, especially in comparison to other "fast" cars.

Clio impressed me with how well it took the impact! I'm nowhere near as bad injury wise as it could have been! Dans wrist is still a little swollen, but will go down!

Everyone there was so fantastic at helping and we can't believe it took so long to sort the barriers out! Sorry for the delay folks!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Not read everything, was reading it last nite when it got heated.....

but, I would be gutted if that happened to me, and if I thought I was to blame 1% I would be apologising big time.

end of the day, manners and a bit of courtesy costs nothing, everyone walked away so that's the main thing! Good luck with the nxt motor dan. :)

04BGFF182CLIORS
So would I be right in saying Dan intentionally t-boned the BMW while over-taking, causing them both to spin into the barriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.