ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs BMW @ Combe today

Status
Not open for further replies.
  vauxhall frontera!!!
Again as mentioned I wasn't there , so I am awear I can't comment but from people's statements on here he left the track !

Did anyone actually get any video footage to prove the BMW was in the wrong? Or vice versa? theres photos left right and centre of the aftermath, but nobody seems to know exactly what happened, how and why.

Well. That escalated!

I will add yes I was close to him In the corner prior to this, camp. Now what I bet he hadnt told you was he had cut me up heading into tower and bobbies? I had given him chance to let me past but he didnt. Headlights went on going into camp(a sign of "I'm here")

But he had decided to try and out pace me up the straight. Which he was pulling away. Now, he had a big enough distance on me to be able to slide, regain control, onto the grass where I physically watched him get straight before proceeding to accelerate. However from other eye witness accounts (not just those on here) he got it straight then for some reason ended up in a massive side again (I'm informed he tried to accelerate, which whilst on grass is a MASSIVE NO NO) this then in turn managed to spit him in my direction. Now, he was already backwards and infront of me. If he had time to manage this, I certainly had a big distance.

He collected me en route to his inevitable barrier clash. I'm hoping there is some footage of this as this will confirm all of the above. I've 30+ track days under my belt, and 5 years of action days all without any form of incident. That and I used to do over 100,000 miles a year for work. I am also able instruct RoSPA ;)

I will get someone else who is also a trader on the forum, a well known MSA licence holder and instructor to give his views on the BMW's driving, as he had cut him up too.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I was at Donington few years back a guy had a fully prep'd 'mint' lotus sunbeam in black & orange.

Engine & running gear worth more than most cars.

Was possibly worth fortune, trailered to events motor home scenario, muchos is wedge!

Coming out out Coppice a car lost it touched the grass & came back on & T boned the lotus off track & into the barriers.

Complete wreck, both cars.

These things happen, Motorsport is dangerous ;)

Please don't tell me everyone on here has never had an arse twitching moment on track???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well. That escalated!

I will add yes I was close to him In the corner prior to this, camp. Now what I bet he hadnt told you was he had cut me up heading into tower and bobbies? I had given him chance to let me past but he didnt. Headlights went on going into camp(a sign of "I'm here")

But he had decided to try and out pace me up the straight. Which he was pulling away. Now, he had a big enough distance on me to be able to slide, regain control, onto the grass where I physically watched him get straight before proceeding to accelerate. However from other eye witness accounts (not just those on here) he got it straight then for some reason ended up in a massive side again (I'm informed he tried to accelerate, which whilst on grass is a MASSIVE NO NO) this then in turn managed to spit him in my direction. Now, he was already backwards and infront of me. If he had time to manage this, I certainly had a big distance.

He collected me en route to his inevitable barrier clash. I'm hoping there is some footage of this as this will confirm all of the above. I've 30+ track days under my belt, and 5 years of action days all without any form of incident. That and I used to do over 100,000 miles a year for work. I am also able instruct RoSPA ;)

I will get someone else who is also a trader on the forum, a well known MSA licence holder and instructor to give his views on the BMW's driving, as he had cut him up too.

I saw it Dan, I was there man! (My 'Nam quote)

vauxhall frontera!!!
Also food for thought-if the BM was re rentering the track, how was it dan hit the drivers door, surely it would have been the passenger do?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Also food for thought-if the BM was re rentering the track, how was it dan hit the drivers door, surely it would have been the passenger do?

The BMW was facing the wrong way. You don't seem to be understanding this!

The BMW came off track, re entered the track, span, then went towards the barriers and collected dan on the way.

I SAW WHAT HAPPENED.

You seem to be struggling with this. Dan didn't hit the BMW, the BMW hit dan, it's very simple.

Last edited:
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
The BMW was facing the wrong way. You don't seem to be understanding this! The BMW came off track, re entered the track, span, then went towards the barriers and collected dan on the way. I SAW WHAT HAPPENED. You seem to be struggling with this. Dan didn't hit the BMW, the BMW hit dan, it's very simple.

Having also seen the incident I couldn't summarise better.

The BMW driver was out of his depth and turning the session into a race, I'm not biased I have a BMW and a clio.
I also know which one my very limited talent would run out in first, however am responsible enough to not impose it on others.

​at what point did this escalate? The facts are clear.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
BOTHERED.

Obviously you are, otherwise you wouldn't have commented.

My guess is that you either like starting arguments for the sake of it, or you are/are related to the BMW driver. How else can you explain trying to defend someone who ends up going backwards at 100mph and wiping out someone??

vauxhall frontera!!!
IF BMW was coming off the grass from the centre to intentionally rejoin (ie Towards the barriers) then surely passenger door would have been towards dan, as it was he was spinning so dan took out the drivers side (in magnificent style may I add!).

53 Clio's & counting
Lets keep this civil please gents, we don't want this locked.

I think the biggest point on this that Dan is trying to make is this:

Yes it was an accident. The BMW driver did not mean to hit him, but the facts are this:

The BMW went of fthe track, lost control, regained control, then lost control, span back onto the track and hit Dan.

What Dan was hoping for was the BMW owner to say 'Look, sorry mate it was an accident, I am sorry' , but what he got instead was 'it wasn't my fault'.

Now as the car did not crash itself, the BMW driver was, in fact at fault. How he could think crashing was not his fault I am not sure.

No offence to the BMW driver, but if he was going slower, he wouldn't have crashed.

No one is trying to say the BMW intentionally tried to rejoin, the BMW driver lost control, and span back onto the track

Clio 172
Wasn't there, so don't know, but from what I've read the BMW was on the grass when Dan tried to pass?

vauxhall frontera!!!
Lets keep this civil please gents, we don't want this locked.

I think the biggest point on this that Dan is trying to make is this:

Yes it was an accident. The BMW driver did not mean to hit him, but the facts are this:

The BMW went of fthe track, lost control, regained control, then lost control, span back onto the track and hit Dan.

What Dan was hoping for was the BMW owner to say 'Look, sorry mate it was an accident, I am sorry' , but what he got instead was 'it wasn't my fault'.

Now as the car did not crash itself, the BMW driver was, in fact at fault. How he could think crashing was not his fault I am not sure.

No offence to the BMW driver, but if he was going slower, he wouldn't have crashed.

No one is trying to say the BMW intentionally tried to rejoin, the BMW driver lost control, and span back onto the track

I dont think he ever said it wasn't his fault.

320D E91 Estate
I must add actually, that whilst I met 1 **** end in a BMW, I did meet 2 people who more than made up for it.

I approached 2 people who had a flat bed who weren't far from the OPD stand, and asked if they were heading in my direction. infortunatly they weren't however, They very kindly offered to take the car as far as avonmouth and store it there for me until I was able to collect it today.

So without them, I'd have been stuck with a car at combe that I couldnt collect by the time they needed.

So If By anychance anyone knows the 2 people who were there with a Driveforce UK Truck, that was who helped me. Didnt even want anything for storage of it in their businesses yard. I did Drop them a case of lager as a token of my appreciation.

Just shows that the car culture can bring people together, admittedly, I experinced both meanings of coming together in 1 day.

I forgot to ask last night how you got your car back to Avonmouth, I assumed it was through the AA / RAC.

I think that is brilliant that they helped you out like that and knowing you it doesn't surprise me how you went the extra mile and got them some beers when they didn't want anything :D

I also found that its great when people in the car culture club together, again thanks to Chip and the others from OPD for the use of their tools to try and find the source of my oil leak and for Dan and others having a look to see what the issue was and to try and help me out :D

I didn't see what happened but the main thing is Dan and Vikki were not seriously injured along with the BMW driver

IF BMW was coming off the grass from the centre to intentionally rejoin (ie Towards the barriers) then surely passenger door would have been towards dan, as it was he was spinning so dan took out the drivers side (in magnificent style may I add!).

Are you kim24 who has just surfaced on PH? If so you seem incredibly keen to get to the bottom of this.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

You're failing hard.

Dan didn't 'take out the drivers side' as you put it. The bmw hit dan. Can you please stop saying that Dan hit the BMW. He didn't.

The BMW came from the right hand side of the track, whilst facing the wrong way, and on its way to the barriers it hit Dans car and they both hit the barriers. Eventually. (If you want to get specific, the clio hit the barrier first but the BMW had so much momentum that it hit the barrier further up the track)

I'm not lying. These are facts. I have nothing to gain from lying about the situation and tbh it's only the fact that you're a newbie that i'm not swearing at you because you're both calling me a liar and insinuating that it was Dan hit the BMW and neither of those things are the truth. Not even remotely!

As much as we appreciate you trying to offer both sides of the story Kimmer your really wasting you breathe ! It's not going to change what happened what been said and what's going to happen so let's leave it be and all try get along

I'm in no doubt you've joined solely for this argument and you won't ever be back again!

In the ambulance he denied any fault. I didn't say a thing in the ambulance, my gf was a tad more vocal about the situation.

I'm happy to accept incidents happen. As they do. However, If I was at fault, I would hold my hands up and say I was sorry, I appreciate he may be worried I'd want money etc, I'm not. Yeh I've lost a car, but metal is replaceable. A simple sorry goes along way.

Swift Sport
Can't believe I've just read the last ten pages of this, CS never fails to amuse.

I've got a trackday on Saturday in my first RWD car and I'm running semi-slicks, I must remember to be extra careful lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's a bit obvious someone is trying to defend someone. I wasn't there and I trust what dan and others have said. The op sounds like a top guy as I'd be a tad more vocal if that was my car.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Daniel your no1 eye witness, make video with your kids toy cars and post it up so we have some footage of how it all went down ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
It's a bit obvious someone is trying to defend someone. I wasn't there and I trust what dan and others have said. The op sounds like a top guy as I'd be a tad more vocal if that was my car.

yep. I have only met him once and can already confirm that. that says a lot really.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
100% the same person on ph's, digging for evidence. Can only think its because he wants someone to blame and maybe asking for compensation????

Hello guys
Vikki here, hope you are all well!

so Kimmer as I have tits too (albeit sore and tender) lets talk woman to woman....

how is you relative/friend/lover?

This is my perspective no funny business seeming as I was the passenger.

Dan and I aren't hung up on the car, we know accidents happen and it was unfortunate however I fully maintain that regardless who was behind mr BMW this would still have happened.

dan did all he could to avoid a spinning red Beamer (I would like to see your expert skills attempt this and come off better) since he was coming at us backwards and mostly took our front end with him into the barrier then him sliding along the grass to hit the barrier further up.... Which also contributed to his damage and mostly why the whole of my left side feels like its done 10 rounds with mike Tyson! He is at fault whichever way you look at it I seem to remember dan remaining on track and not losing control and attempting evasive manoeuvres

there was a gap big enough for him to leave the track and then re-enter it so I think tailgating at this point was minimal....

look this relative or member of family or husband/partner could have come off worse. He is lucky dan is such a calm and collective guy and rose above it meanwhile I have no shame it admitting I'm less calm and would've torn the c**ts head off

now I know I'm name calling but he in my opinion he deserves it and I think the others here are backing dan and name calling due to his sheer lack of sympathy!

I'm feisty and did shout and call him names and you know what I ain't the best driver either but clearly you lack all car knowledge and no sense of understanding....

i openly invite a reply from you Kimmer! Seeming as you are so eager to get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.