ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 on Koni adjustables and Eibach Sportlines

tiTTy & SV650
Well I've had the 172 about 18 months now I think and living in a flat it suffers a bit of handwashing neglect. The koni's and eibachs have been on for about 11 months now and having fitted new tyres it was time to sort the camber out.

Today it was treated to 2 new track rods which has tightened up the steering hugely, some camber correction bolts (was running -2deg now -0.5deg) and a wheel alignment.

How it sits:
lowered002.jpg

The culprits:
lowered003.jpg

One of the offending trackrods:
04092010373.jpg

And I gave it a wash, clay, polish and wax for good measure:

04092010377.jpg

04092010376.jpg

04092010375.jpg

04092010374.jpg

tiTTy & SV650
lol cheers, I'd crash if I used tyre shine as I'd get it all over the tread no doubt.

tiTTy & SV650
Cheers, Knockhill was good today saw a few clios and I left a flyer on an Arctic Blue 182

Car feels soo much better, amazing the difference with the new track rods and running standard camber again. Need to stiffen the dampers up a bit though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I still toy with fitting these to mine. I'm currently running Billstein B14 coilovers, and whilst very very good, i think these could be slightly better suited to the Welsh roads i frequently drive

tiTTy & SV650
The Konis are good, ride would be better with prolines. On a smooth road they feel amazing but at the softest setting front and back they are too soft the car will bounce about a bit too much for my liking, will experiment with damping soon.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I still toy with fitting these to mine. I'm currently running Billstein B14 coilovers, and whilst very very good, i think these could be slightly better suited to the Welsh roads i frequently drive

Hai, you know these would look good on the black cat if you do decide to get rid gaz xxx

Lovely looking 172 rory, loving how you've not messed with the look too much.

How do you find the adjustment range on the konis? They seem like a nifty piece of kit.

Out of interest, how come the decision to add a little camber from -2 to -0.5 deg? .

tiTTy & SV650
Hi Pablo, thanks.

I haven't adjusted the dampers much so can't comment yet there I'm afraid.

The -2 was a result of lowering without camber correcting bolts, -0.5 is original renault spec I was led to believe so just went with that again.

172 Cup
That sits lovely dude, defo think i'll invest in some sportlines for the cup when i have some moneyz

tiTTy & SV650
I like how it looks but the roads are so crap that I wish I'd got the prolines instead of sport lines.

tiTTy & SV650
Sodding window washer reservoir is leaking and I'm getting a bit of rubbing now that it's running less camber - doh! Only happens when the wheels are pointing to the right and in reverse so not too bad... lol

tiTTy & SV650
Rubbing was power steering hose coming into contact with the offside driveshaft, now resolved!

tiTTy & SV650
Adjusted the dampers today, finally! lol

1 1/4 (1.25) turns from softest at the front
1 3/4 (1.75) turns from softest at the rear

Other people in the past had posted these settings so I thought it'd be a good starting point.

I've run the shocks at their softest until now and found it a bit too bouncy at the front - which is either too fast a rebound or too fast a compression - i.e. too soft!

Immediately after adjusting the damping I noticed the front was more resistant to dipping into all bumps on the road which makes sense as the damping is now stiffer. The car feels more rigid so the ride will suffer.

I shall take it for a B road blast soon to confirm if it's a good fast road setting, will update for those using search as I struggled to find good info when I searched.

Cheers, Rory

tiTTy & SV650
And to verify the settings above are spot on, it makes me realise on the softest setting it was a bit crashy. The car feels planted now, not too hard - you will feel potholes big time but you'll want to avoid them anyway!