ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Fault codes help please! Car wont fire up! TPS etc

306 Rallye
Hi people, I have a 172 ph2, 2004 plate. Attempted to start it and the engine just turns over, no fire up. Used it earlier today for a couple of short journeys with no probs. I have an RStuner i used for my 172 Cup so plugged it in and there were some faults:

DF0236 constant ignition feed, in the memory and erasable and from my cranking of the engine with no start-up.

DF0002 TPS sensor
DF0226 electronic throttle control learning fault

These last two are current faults and not from the memory. Scoured the internet and this forum for help. Removed the plug on the throttle body and inlet hose, gave them a spray of wd40 etc but no joy.

It is a late model 172 with cruise control etc and has given me no trouble in the 5 or 6 weeks i've owned it. Any experienced help would be greatly apreciated. I'm assuming it's a f**ked throttle sensor but want to be certain. Any advice on prices etc?

Cheers!

Damian

306 Rallye
Update: Just swapped the throttle bodies between my 172 and 172 Cup. Still not firing up and the Cup ran alright with the t.b from the 172. Hmmm....pedal maybe?

306 Rallye
Update: Swapped the pedal off my Cup with no effect. My Cup ran fine with the 172 pedal too. Back to the drawing board!!! Could a poor battery or dodgy immobiliser possibly cause this? Other than that i'm going to have to trace the wiring back.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
DF226... Well there's a problem so start there.

Sounds like it needs CLIP time to me

Mick

306 Rallye
Well I've changed the throttle body and pedal so it's tracing the wiring next, checking for breaks. It's got a Sigma alarm/immobiliser, too which I'm not sure about.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mint news mate but don't count those chickens just yet... French car! (LoLz)

Mick