ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine by adding the 182 exhaust mani

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1

Hi All,

What do you think? Can any power be gained on the 172 engine by adding the 182 exhaust manifold without changing the ECU?

Thanks

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 11 August 2005

you will see more of a gain by adding the 182 induction manifold, especially if you get the hillpower one
Induction manifold? I thought they are the same on 172 and 182 ?

the 182 is better, but far from perfect, due to casting issues, hill power will do you one swopped for your old one for less than £200, and the hp one has more metal removed and will be better matched to the head

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 11 August 2005

nope, the 182 inlet manifold is ALOT better than the 172 manifold.

will it fit directly on 172 without any mod?

172 cup TT

sh*t! i thought it was just the exhaust manifold that was different !! going 4-2-1 and not 4-1 like the 172... would buying this 182 inlet manifold be the same as getting BEN_R to "do" my 172 inlet?

Lionel Richie

the differences on the inlets arent that major

but a 182 inlet is nothing like getting Ben to do it, there are still huge flow gains to be made

182s arent better, they just select them better and dont use the rubbish ones, same manifold.

The exhaust manifold is where its at in terms of differences, its miles miles better. But a pain to install.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

4-6 hrs to install the exhuast manifold... subframe off job... however its a better road manifold.

A.

VaVa

I think you have to alter the exhaust after the manifold also - different cat lengths?

I though about it, but its a helluva lot of work. Money better spent on AWT inlet and SMT6 imho.