ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cut out when driving

182 ff cup packs
hi all just a quick check to see if there is a common fault.....bought a 172 to use for a track car, had it 2 days and was just taking it for a quick blast before taking it up my garage to strip it and went round a corner and it cut out, all lights on dash were on as if it stalled. Now the immobiliser is light staying solid. Tried a few ecu resets an still the same. im thinking maybe broken earth.......anyone had similar, cheers

Mk1 16v brooklands
Check earths dude mine done this, it was like i stalled but jumped back into life, i couldnt figure out what is was at first. Rang fred at btm and told me to check gearbox earth (which i forgot to connect up after i swapped the engine)

182 ff cup packs
sound mate, was exactly what a wanted to hear coz the guy had new gearbox mount fitted, was dark so left it on the road. Kinda hoping its a simple fix...

182 ff cup packs
but just incase it aint that.....any other ideas are welcome, waiting to tow it up garage so will be on it tomorrow....

182 ff cup packs
UPDATE.....earths ok,relays ok,fuses ok.....fuel pump not priming but works when its powered.....any ideas please

182 ff cup packs
checked them all, swapped them all.....sorted now, fractured fuse lol...tested ok but wouldnt pass power through it.....thanks anyway dude