ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup traction/control ESP?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
As said the traction control especially isn't need. It never cuts in anyway when driving on the roads, so I just leave it switched on.

172cup
What happened to the VX220 plan then?

not really sure about the vx220, I realised the only thing i really fancy about them is the price
Lately Ive been looking for an Elise S1, drove one and I liked it a lot.......... but now Ive got this f**king 172 cup thing in my head!! it's something I really want to try before they get too old or all written off :)
I'll be on holiday till early Sept so Ive got time to make my mind up

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Couldn't find a thread so bumping this

Does turning the ESP off really make a difference? If so what would I expect to happen on a spirited drive?

Or would I just crash as I doubt I'm a hero behind the wheel

Lionel Richie
I always turn it off, i think its dangerous because of 1 flaw, if you co.ck a rear wheel (unlikley on the road!) then it grabs the opposite corners brake and trys to kill you

WRX
Don't bother on the road but always turn off for track. It doesn't work as badly as some I've had but I llike to use my feet as the control devices.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i suppose its maby handy for ejits with no car control. personally i would rather have the option to permenantly remove it. saves me pushing a button every time i get in the car

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I always turn it off, i think its dangerous because of 1 flaw, if you co.ck a rear wheel (unlikley on the road!) then it grabs the opposite corners brake and trys to kill you

thats a daunting thought lol! ive had the rear step out slightly with it on with no problems.
i only remembered i had a switch for it when i got home lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I always turn mine off even if i'm just going down the shops, have done for years now,
in fact i'm kind of scared of leaving it on now, as i've forgotten what it feels like when it kicks in.