ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

172 cup
Looks great now let's get it finished and on the road. You owe me a run in it mind bolt the seat in tho.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I want one!

Might be able to sort that out for ya! ;)

Great work that Steve, the workmanship going into this is just brilliant!

Cheers Danny! Can only take credit for the design, and parts but the welding has made what it is. Focrs was at it for about 5 hours on Sunday so a massive thanks to him!

Awesome! !!

Cheers mate!

Looks spot on bud, glad you've got progress, won't be long now

Cheers Wayne, hopefully soon. Hows yours doing?

Looks great now let's get it finished and on the road. You owe me a run in it mind bolt the seat in tho.

You said it Stuart! Thanks again for the help at the weekend! :approve:

The scariest blast in a car under 30mph I've ever had. Lol! I'll repay the favour and take you out in this when it's done and let you sit on a stool!

Mine is still in bits hoping to have the engine back sometime next week, but been buying all the small parts like gauges oil return hose and fittings also waiting on my clutch coming back for helix so should be good to go dying to get it done miss the boost :-(

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Mine is still in bits hoping to have the engine back sometime next week, but been buying all the small parts like gauges oil return hose and fittings also waiting on my clutch coming back for helix so should be good to go dying to get it done miss the boost :-(

Don't we all :(

172 cup
Just bring me the parts I am in
will need to look at the one in the house the now can it be offered up to urs. Same head ?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just bring me the parts I am in
will need to look at the one in the house the now can it be offered up to urs. Same head ?

Will not be making any parts for a while till this one is tested but will do.

yeah, same head but mine is designed around a 172 cup alternator so would need to measure up for a non cup alternator setup too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Got another delivery that I look forward to fitting. Quality looks top notch! Cheers Andyrg ! :clap:

IMG-20140314-00740-1.jpg

Also been mocking up the intercooler pipes and seeing what works from the last setup. Nothing is the answer. I can see me making a visit to focrs again for him to work his magic on them! :eek:

172 cup, Impreza P1
No, not a quick shift. Just repositions the stick far higher with no additional travel along with taking out any play making it a much more precise gear change.

Cheers mate, I've got a box of random bends that I'm going to make into solid pipes with only a few silicone couplers. Should look tidy when I've worked it out. When are you back?

172 cup
No, not a quick shift. Just repositions the stick far higher with no additional travel along with taking out any play making it a much more precise gear change.

Cheers mate, I've got a box of random bends that I'm going to make into solid pipes with only a few silicone couplers. Should look tidy when I've worked it out. When are you back?

Should be back end of the month is it S/s or alloy. Should be easy enough get a trailer and get the car down and get it finished.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Should be back end of the month is it S/s or alloy. Should be easy enough get a trailer and get the car down and get it finished.

They are stainless. I'll measure them up and mark them so just need welded.

Catch you when you're back then. Don't work too hard mind!

172 cup
No hiding the money with s/s. Sounds good bit if kit that getting the gear lever higher and quicker. You will need it at Crail.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Been working away on the car when time allows so a wee update is needed.

The inlet manifold is now finished and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. @focrs has done a great job on it even with some of my annoying design requirements.

After a paint with Holts version of D43 paint which is quite a bit darker than what's on the car. Looks good but not a good match at all.

20140508_153725.jpg

20140508_153735.jpg

20140508_153744.jpg

Did the catch tank when I was at it

20140508_162119.jpg

@focrs also welded up all the boost pipes which just need a polish to finish them off. They all fit well after a test fit.

20140508_180255.jpg

Also decided to not fit a set of AP CP5200's to the P1 and instead donate them to the Clio. Offered them up to the discs and if I use 300mm discs and 20mm spacers with custom brackets they should fit under 15's. The brackets are being made just now so will test fit over the weekend. Fingers crossed as they will be more than enough stopping power for the wee Clio.

20140508_180333.jpg

Here's how the engine bay is looking without the boost pipes, fuel rail, hoses, etc. gives an idea but all just small things to do now.

20140508_180123.jpg

New fuel setup too. Pretty much everything needed a new home from the old engine to now so a lot of expense buying new fitting, hoses and bits and pieces.

20140508_180508.jpg

Been talking to Scoff at EFI Parts as well as I wanted to get some advice how best to run in the new engine without having to bring it all the way down to him without even turning it over only to find there is a leak here and there, lol! The map from the old engine is completely different to the new one so not really compatible. All I can say is he has been an absolute legend AGAIN and has helped out massively. Basically, he has sent me a base map of a similar spec car and told me how to make the necessary changes to the fueling and wiring of the DBW throttle. Big thanks to that man and not that he needs any more recommendations, here is another one for all your mapping needs!

Think I've went on long enough so.......

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Looks awesome mate!! love the FPR mounting point!! looks really well thought out!! Scoffs a bloody legend, im sure he must of got pissed off with me weeks ago with various questions but he's just kept the answers coming, you going to FCS? please say yes I wana see this!! :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looks awesome mate!! love the FPR mounting point!! looks really well thought out!! Scoffs a bloody legend, im sure he must of got pissed off with me weeks ago with various questions but he's just kept the answers coming, you going to FCS? please say yes I wana see this!! :)

Cheers mate, had some thinking making all 3 brain cells work together to come up with that position. That was about the 3rd mounting place but worked out best. Just had to buy more fittings and owe to make it work. Yeah, Scoff is the man! For such a busy person he never fails to get back to you on a query.

Probably not going to make to FCS as there still a bit to do first and still needs mapped which Scoff says he has a months waiting list for.

Looking spot on Steve, further on than I am at the moment, think your looking to be finished first mate

The inlet is looking great can't wait to see it in the flesh

Cheers Wayne. Not sure if I'll be fully finished first but it could be running first. I'm sure we'll catch up soon at KH!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We fired ours up for the first time yesterday. Not usable but it starts and revs!

This is on a whole other level though from our shitty wee build!

172 cup, Impreza P1
We fired ours up for the first time yesterday. Not usable but it starts and revs!

This is on a whole other level though from our s**tty wee build!

Thought you guys would be first! Well done.

Nothing s**tty about your build. Fully caged track weapon, should do the damage no probs.

Still got loads to do then?

Amazing attention to detail

Cheers mate, unfortunately, the attention to detail is what takes me so long as I keep changing things rather than moving on to something else.

I see you're thinking of a diffed 02M conversion. Maybe a group buy again if w33 brl is up for this too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'm up for it once I get the car built can't buy anything else until it's built, but at least a month now :-( hopefully find out Monday what's happening

Same here tbh, needs to be running well before sinking another few grand into it.