ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup boosted track toy!

Passat TDi
Just read all 25 pages of this! Great work mate keep it up! Andyrg is currently turbo'ing my 172 cup!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Get you finger out or my rs will be ready before you get one of those cars on the road.

Your ears burning when I was talking about about welding?

You probably will have the rs finished before this. I'll need to slow you down with some more welding! :rasp:

172 cup
Your ears burning when I was talking about about welding?

You probably will have the rs finished before this. I'll need to slow you down with some more welding! :rasp:

It will give me something to do board stupid here. Going to end up washing and polishing the R32 soon enough while waiting on the focus bits to arrive.
Get pics up of this manifold.

172 cup, Impreza P1
It will give me something to do board stupid here. Going to end up washing and polishing the R32 soon enough while waiting on the focus bits to arrive.

Ha, must be bored if you're talking about washing and polishing cars. Lol

I'll get some pics up soon. Had to chop the runners, flange and bosses off the other one. Made some new runners and got another flange water jet cut and I'll reuse the bosses. I've increased the diameter of the runners too and also increased the wall thickness and the flange thickness.

Should get everything done on it next weekend then I'll get it over to you.

172 cup, Impreza P1

Here you go mate!

EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00692.gif

EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00691.jpg

Where I had to cut the old runners and flange off. Will be tidied up and then painted.
EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00694.jpg

EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00693.jpg

EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00690.jpg

EastRenfrewshire-20140128-00688.gif

Catch you soon. ;)

172 cup
Best bring your sleeping bag. Looks like there's still loads to do. Should be good once finished. I have all gear here for polishing it but will leave that to you.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looks awesome lad, can't wait until your done

Cant wait either but not holding my breath. Lol

Best bring your sleeping bag. Looks like there's still loads to do. Should be good once finished. I have all gear here for polishing it but will leave that to you.

I know mate but remember you said you were bored. ;)

Polishing would be good actually, I'll give it a bash.

Looks pretty clever that!

Cheers mate, hopefully does the job.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Pfft let's hope you've got more lag than me and I might be able to keep up lol

I'll not feel the lag cause I'll be bouncing of the limiter all the time! :race:

Yours will be very rapid. My P1 had just under 300hp and feels very quick on boost so a clio that weighs 200kg less will feel even quicker.

I'll not feel the lag cause I'll be bouncing of the limiter all the time! :race:

Yours will be very rapid. My P1 had just under 300hp and feels very quick on boost so a clio that weighs 200kg less will feel even quicker.

Haha you yobo, still got full interior tho so that'll hold me back a touch lol

Guessing you got the p1 sorted then?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Haha you yobo, still got full interior tho so that'll hold me back a touch lol

Guessing you got the p1 sorted then?

Only on track I may add!

Not finished yet. I was working on both for a while when I had a chance but want back on track so feel the clio needs all my attention when I get a chance. Got the Audi for the road so it does a job, just doesn't excite me at all.

Only on track I may add!

Not finished yet. I was working on both for a while when I had a chance but want back on track so feel the clio needs all my attention when I get a chance. Got the Audi for the road so it does a job, just doesn't excite me at all.

Haha p1 for on the road then lol

Your missus must love have them to stick up the drive lol swap her for the cupra and she can drive the Audi lol

But I know how you feel bought a ph1 as a daily but not the same as the ph2 lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
She loves her Cupra for the 1 mile a day drive she does. lol

I take it now and then and love some bits of it but as a sporty drive, it's just to grown up. Power delivery is too smooth for a turbo and suspension is too soft.

The P1 will be my baby for many years and like it too much to use it on track as I dont want the feeling in the back of my mind that I might crash and be p1ssed off. The Clio is cheaper to run on track but the way things have went probably not cheaper to get there. lol

She loves her Cupra for the 1 mile a day drive she does. lol

I take it now and then and love some bits of it but as a sporty drive, it's just to grown up. Power delivery is too smooth for a turbo and suspension is too soft.

The P1 will be my baby for many years and like it too much to use it on track as I dont want the feeling in the back of my mind that I might crash and be p1ssed off. The Clio is cheaper to run on track but the way things have went probably not cheaper to get there. lol

1 mile a day pfft make her walk lol

This is the issue I have with tracking the turbo scared I bin it and f**k the car then I'd be majorly annoyed but really want to try track I'm total stuck lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
Most, if not all the conversion could be swapped into another car if you get a prang so the car is not the expensive part, the turbo kit is.

Get it on track, you know you want to. (and get some tuition to avoid the prangs!)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Been working away on a few things but mainly the inlet manifold. Making some parts for it when I got time. Once all the parts were made, focrs on here kindly welded it up for me and what a job he made of it too. Well pleased with the way it turned out!

Tried it in the engine bay as well and everything fits perfectly not that I had any doubt :p.

IMG-20140304-00720.jpg

IMG-20140304-00721.jpg

Boost sensor, fpr feed and dump valve feed and the hole in the bottom is for the MAP sensor.

IMG-20140304-00724.jpg

In situ:

IMG-20140304-00725.jpg

IMG-20140304-00726.jpg

Cut out to clear the alternator:

IMG-20140304-00731.jpg

Still to drill and tap a hole for the brake servo feed and then decide if I'll get it powdercoated orange or spray it Blue.