ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio pulling left??

ph2 Clio 172
Whats the most common causes of this? its not the tracking, i got it done and it still pulled, i done it myself then and it still pulled and i got another garage to do it and it still does it. you notice it more between 50-60mph, let go of the steering wheel and it pulls slightly it would take you into the ditch if you let it, im constantly correcting the pull, not much but still correcting all the same. At lower speeds you wouldnt really notice it.

I know camber of the road etc would cause this but not to this extent, Tyre pressures are PERFECT. im really anal about cars and i cant stand one thing wrong. balljoints are good, trackends are good, wishbone bushes and roll bar bushes are good, Im not to grips with the top mounts i see people putting washers in? why is this, and it would hardly cause a pull on the car?

I have a few questions, would a bad tyre cause this? both tyres are the same with good thread, i feel a slight wobble on the car around 55mph and it dosent come through the steering wheel really and i mean slight, i can just feel it, possible rear wheel balance?

Also would a gearbox mount cause a pull and a slight wobble around 55mph? its the only thing i havent looked at and ive no real clunks, car is super solid but suometimes when i let off in 2nd i feel a quick snap from the engine.

Any possible suggestions welcome, no matter how stupid they may sound lol, i dont want to go getting new tyres etc if it could be something else. Also anyone else out there experiencing a pull of any sort on the clio? i started thinking it could be the diff and just the way the car is?

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
They will all pull a bit in my experience. Mine had a mix of budget tyres on when I bought it which I got rid of straight away for a full set of Exalto's.

It still pulls a bit when on certain roads, and like your car, mine is mechanically sound.

I put it down as a trait of the car.

Rb 182
Had the same problem with a williams a while back. Tried everything. Turned out to be the front left brake sticking causing the car to pull to the left. After a short drive my n/s front wheel would be hot. Whipped the caliper off. Cleaned it and freed the piston up a little bit. Sorted.

ph2 Clio 172
cheers lads, i would try the tyres only there directional tyres, and my rears are different, as far as the brakes goes both discs are the same heat when stopped its one of the first things i checked, in saying that im going to grease up the sliders for good measure, as the left brake caliper has very slight play in it, you get a knocking noise if you wiggle it vigorously.